Thursday, February 21, 2013

Big Wednesday

Well today has been quite a big day for us. Its been a busy, but wonderful day! I love that Wednesday is the middle of the week. And today was extra special b/c Austin was off. I really love when he's off in the middle of the week. There's just something about him being off like that that makes the week seem easier! Anyway Colby had school today but we all went to bring him to school b/c Austin and I had errands afterwards. We ended our errands with a late breakfast at Chickfila. I really wanted to take Lindsay somewhere special but since she was still getting over being sick and it was pretty cold this morning we kept it simple. Normally she would enjoy it even more but she still wasn't feeling the eating. We had fun anyway though. Apparently though they were having mommy and me so there was a ton of moms and kids there. We did see some people from our church but we couldn't let Lindsay go play on the playspace b/c of all the kids! Also the little bully from GymRompers was there. I felt bad b/c I like the mother but I was too scared to go over there b/c I figured the little boy would knock Lindsay down and that's the last thing my screaming/fussy child needed.
After errands we came home...Austin worked in our bathroom (he's remodeling) and I just hung out with Lindsay. I put her down for a nap around 11:45 and thankfully she slept until 2! First good nap she's had since Saturday! I was so thankful she slept that long. Austin and I were able to rest a little before Colby got home from school.
Once Colby got home he and Austin worked/played outside. I brought Lindsay out to get some fresh air and that ended disastrous! She wanted to play in colby's coupe car. Well he got all upset and pushed her down. Which ended his playtime outside and a trip to his room. I let him "think about what he did" for about 30 min. Not only that but also to cool down. with a long day at school and no nap and going to church he needed some cool down time. He gets overstimulated when he goes from one thing to the next. Well we had a talk and he apologized. I put Lindsay in her bed around 4 to rest also before church. Well I went back in her room at 4:30 to get her dressed for church and she was conked out! I guess she finally decided she needed her rest after not sleeping well the last few days. I hated to wake her up but we really wanted to get to church. Once she woke up she was fine.
We went to church at Calvary for Wednesday night supper and Bible Study. This was our first time there. I had really wanted to get invovled in the fall but we never did. This time I knew with Austin being off to help me out the first week and I could figure out how everything works I could be in charge of taking the kids alone. Its a 10 week class so I hope we can committ and go each week even though its hard getting out at night with kids. Anyway so we went to supper first. The meal was awesome! They had Zea's catered. They don't do that every week but I guess for the kick off week they do something special. The food was so good! The kids even ate really well...even Lindsay! She was begging for food...bless her heart! It was nice visiting with some of our old friends from there. The whole atmosphere was just great. Families, kids, christian music...I loved it! And for only 14 dollars! We had more then enough food to feed the 4 of us! I got to visit with some old time friends too which was nice. After dinner Austin went ahead and brought Lindsay home since she wasn't feeling well. Colby stayed with me though b/c I figured he would enjoy staying and playing with his church friends. I am doing the class called Grace Based Parenting. It looks really good so far. A lot of my friends are also doing that one so its nice! The class was great and Colby had such a great time in his class he didn't want to leave! We didn't get home until 8! That's the only problem with going to this is that its going to be a late night for us. I really want Austin to be able to attend the class with me but I think I am going to have him go each week and pick up Lindsay so that she can go to bed. I don't think she will be able to handle that late of a night just yet. We may try during the summer but not now.
Anyway that was our day...a big busy day but a great one! So thankful for our church!

No comments:

Post a Comment