Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mardi Gras Break








So far I think Colby's Mardi Gras break is off to a great start! This morning since it was Saturday and Austin was working I figured a trip to the park was in order. That's usually our Saturday "thing" when the weather is nice and Austin is working and we don't have any other plans. Its something easy to do and stay close to home! Colby has always loved parks and it seems as if Lindsay is going to love them as well! I love parks b/c they are free entertainment! We know just about every park in the city! We have tried them all! Today I thought we would try a park we haven't been to in awhile. Its a fairly new park and its really nice. I called my parents to meet us though. The thing about this park is it has a lot of really big stuff to climb on...so big that I feel Colby still needs supervision. Most parks now he's big enough that I can sit on a bench and let him go to town but this one I feel like I need to watch him but now with Lindsay being mobile also and wanting to climb I have to REALLY watch her. So it worked out great to have some extra help! My mom mainly watched Colby do his thing! We all couldn't believe how well he climbed. He climbed up this huge rock wall and went down one of the biggest slides...headfirst!
Lindsay stayed on the smaller area which is designed for toddlers. She is a mess though! She's so brave so we had to REALLY watch her! She loved this tunnel that went up. After awhile we just held her though while she ate her snack so that we could all watch Colby. It was a really fun outting. We don't get to go to parks as much now since Colby is in school all the time although I think Lindsay and I are going to start going b/c she loves them so much!
That afternoon after the kid's naps a little boy Jonathan from church came over to play. His mom just had her 5th baby about a month ago and her husband has been deployed for a year! I have no idea how she does it! My mission is to really reach out to her and help her out this coming year. She has 5 kids ranging from age 6 to newborn. The little boy who is 4 1/2 is ofcourse the closest to Colby's age. She also has a little boy who is 1 who is in Lindsay's class at church. The boys seemed to really enjoy each other even though they didn't know each other that well. He only got to stay about 2 hours but they had a blast! They played cars and trains and then they had a snack and watched the movie CARS. Its so good for Colby to have little friends over like that! It seems to do him a world of good. We don't get to see his little friend Max much anymore so he hasn't had a friend over in quite awhile.
Sunday was church. Austin was working and there was a threat of rain but we made it! I am always so glad when we go. Since it was just the kids and I I kinda volunteered myself to work with the babies. Well when I dropped Lindsay off there were only 2 workers so I had a feeling they may need help! Its a good thing I stayed too b/c they had like 10 kids. It was nice seeing who all is in there and how the kids interact. Lindsay was high maintance but I don't think she is like that when I'm not in there...although most of the time i pick her up someone is holding her so maybe she is the drama queen? She played well though...she loved the riding toys and the tent with balls. She seemed to like playing with Maggie most...they are about the same size and 1 month apart. It was exhausting though working with that age group! I was glad to come home and take a nap! The kids and I had a quiet afternoon as we always do on Sundays!
Monday was a rainy, yucky day but I knew the kids and I HAD to get out the house! With Colby being on break this week I have to find stuff for us to do so we don't all get on each other's nerves! Thankfully we are going to Hattiesburg Wednesday-Saturday so my job isn't too hard! Well since it was rainy we decided on the mall. Its close by and we could go and stay a little while and come home. Well the kids had a blast! We haven't been up there much lately. We used to go a lot just to get Colby out the house. This was the first time L had been since she's been walking. She LOVED the children's area. I am thinking this will be a great place to take her during the week to burn off some energy! We can eat breakfast and play! Anyway they both had fun! My parents met us there which I was thankful b/c it was pouring when we got there. So they were a big help getting the kids in/out the van! Once we got home we had a low key afternoon. With Austin working so much the last 3 weeks though we are all getting tired and testy! Afternoons/evenings have been really rough! We are in def need of some daddy time off and a change of pace!
Tuesday (Mardi Gras) no parading for us. It sucks that we never get to go out on Mardi Gras day but with Austin working usually I am not going to brave going out alone. Colby actually went and is spending the day with my mom and dad. Since we are going out of town the rest of the week this was the only chance they would have to hang out with him. I know he's having a blast plus its helped me to stay at home and clean and do laundry and pack!
Again I am so excited about our trip and the chance to spend time together the 4 of us! We need this time! Look forward to a fun Hattiesburg trip post in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment