Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter 2014







Well this weekend has been wonderful! I feel so blessed by the entire weekend! So Saturday it was just the kiddos and I again. I chose to do something with them Saturday morning that I don't ever do...we woke up that morning and got dressed and went to breakfast at McDonald's. I know it doesn't sound like much but we rarely ever eat breakfast out so that is truly a treat! The kids were so excited about their pancakes and the playground. Afterwards the weather was so awesome that we went to the park and played for about an hour. We had the whole place to ourselves but the kids played really well together. I know I say it often but I am loving their ages right now! Its so easy to get out and about with them and they can play together so well! This time last year I know I was still mostly trying to chase Lindsay all over playgrounds to make sure she didn't fall but now I can pretty much turn her loose! After the park we came home to enjoy a pretty low key day. I tried to work around the house and they played. It was nice to not have to go anywhere that night. We did our traditional dying Easter Eggs.
Sunday...well Easter morning is always quite busy with littles. Colby was up early he was excited to see what the Easter bunny brought him. We had to drag poor Lindsay out of bed. We all got ready for church. Church was wonderful. Well I worked with the preschoolers and we had 11! It was crazy busy but not actually too stressful b/c all the kids were fairly well behaved! I am really enjoying having Lindsay as part of my class. She is doing soo well! She is one of the younger ones but actually behaves like some of the older ones so that's great! After church they had Egg decorating. This was the first year they had anything like this but it turned out to be really neat! The kids loved making their own creations. After church we came home b/c we decided to do Easter a little different this year. Rather then everyone going to my parent's after church which is usually not until 1 we decided to move our get together to 4 instead. I really liked this better. It gave us time to come home from church and let the kids relax and play and Lindsay was able to take a nap. I felt like going over there at 4 we were all fresh and well rested! It made for a much more peaceful holiday gathering. Plus this year it was just us, my parents, Randall, and Elizabeth, and her mom. Small sometimes is better as well especially with young kids. So we ate soon after arriving. We had only had a small lunch so everyone was hungry by that time. It was nice to visit with everyone and enjoy some yummy food.  After dinner we took the kids outside to hunt Easter Eggs. I think everyone had a good time and we were blessed with such great weather. Afterwards we came in for cake and visited a little while longer before heading home! It was a really fun day! I honestly think one of the best Easters yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment