Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Back to the Busy Life

Well Monday the kids started back to school and life got busy again! i mean last week was busy but it was us keeping ourselves busy with fun stuff! Now the routine stuff is back. Not that that is a bad thing we enjoy that! But still last week was nice!
Well since the kids were both in school Monday that gave me a little time to go shopping alone. Well not alone b/c my friend Ashley and son Michael went with me but atleast I had that break from my kiddos. We had to shop for a baby shower for that evening. Well that was pretty much my morning. That afternoon we had a little quiet time and thankfully Austin picked both kids up from school which gave me a little more time to get stuff at home taken care of. I helped Colby with homework then I had to get ready for the baby shower. The shower was for my friend Lindsey and it was at church. It was really nice hanging out with some fun ladies for a couple of hours. Austin was so great to keep the kids and I think they had a fun daddy night! They were all tucked in bed by the time I got home which was awesome!!
Tuesday was scheduled to be a busy day but I decided to skip Bible study. I so hated to do this b/c it was the last one and I missed the one before that but I needed to get to the grocery store and with having lifegroup tonight and being out so much yesterday I felt like I needed some time at home. Tonight I think will be our last lifegroup for a few weeks so it will be nice to kinda get a break there! We ended up skipping lifegroup which I hated to do but Colby had a rough day at school. He came home with a note saying he just wouldn't do part of his phonics test even though they gave him like 3 opportunities. I got really stressed out and overwhelmed. We have struggled with phonics all year. Mid-year I felt like we had a break through and he kept a B average in that but he's struggling again. I even helped him during spring break and he seemed to get it! I think its more of an attitude like I don't want to do it right now and not a knowledge thing. I don't think right now he understands tests/grades and the consequences. Right now he has 3 Cs I am hoping he can pull those up but he's only got 1 more week really of school to get grades up! I am thinking about getting a tutor this summer or I might just work with him myself. My goal is to do a little homeschool each day with him.
Wednesday everyone goes back to school and I have a VBS meeting during that time so again I will be gone all morning. Thankfully we are finished Wed night church until after VBS so it will be nice to have a quiet night at home with the kids.
Thursday is austin's b-day so Lindsay and I are going to go bake a cake for him that morning. I am not sure what we will do the rest of the day. We had talked about going out to eat but I am not sure since we have lifegroup and all this other stuff happening I might try to talk him into grilling here...but I dunno we will see!
Friday is a free day! So yes the end of April start of May is starting out very busy! I will post about all the other days later!

No comments:

Post a Comment