Saturday, April 26, 2014

Spring Break

We have had an awesome spring break here! I have really enjoyed having the kids around. This is probably the most fun on spring break we have ever had! The year Colby was 2 I was pregnant and very nauseous, the next year we all had the flu, and last year we were all well and had fun but Lindsay was still a little young to do a lot of getting out! Anyway this year has been perfect! We have stayed very busy since the kids got out of school!
Friday was the aquarium and the Good Friday service at church.
Saturday we had breakfast at McDonald's and went to the park and also dyed Easter eggs.
Sunday was Easter so church and then dinner at my parents.
Monday was the zoo!
All that I have blogged about so I will pick up with Tuesday!
On Tuesday Austin decided to take Colby out for a boys day! Really we were all going to have a family day and do a Zephyr game that day but I ended up volunteering to babysit one of Lindsay's school friends that day. I thought it would be fun for the boys to get out and do something though! They rarely get to hang out except at home or on little errands. From all I hear they had a blast! They rode the Double Decker buses and toured some of the French Quarter. I know this had to be so exciting for Colby! They ended their trip with lunch at Dat Dog. Lindsay and I also had fun. Her little friend Stella is precious! They played so well together and were soo good! I am glad she got to have a friend over all for herself. This was her very first playdate like that! That afternoon the kids enjoyed playing outside in their swimsuits while Austin washed the van!
Wednesday I had to grocery shop...I always hate doing stuff like that when both kids are home but it has to be done. Fortunately both kids are usually very good in the grocery store. I also try to look at it as great learning experience. After the grocery store and putting everything away we left for lunch at Chickfila. We were meeting Ashley and Michael there to discuss VBS. I knew it would be hard with 3 littles but we made it work! Plus it was a rare treat for my kiddos to go out for lunch mid-week like that! Now that church has wrapped up we had a pretty quite afternoon!
Thursday I had a hair appointment so the littles spent the morning at my parent's. It was nice to get away for me time and do that! Plus I think the kids enjoyed seeing my parents and playing over there! I picked Lindsay up after lunch and brought her home to nap! It was nice having a quiet day with her. I missed Colby but again it was nice to just have some quiet time! We had a quiet afternoon/evening and worked on potty training! She had a success on the potty as well =). Too bad I haven't worked with her since!
Friday morning we got up early and were going to go pick up Colby. I decided to make a stop by PJ's on our way to get him. This is Lindsay's fav treat and mine too! We normally got once or twice during the school week but since the kids have been out I haven't had it at all! I figured it was time! I really enjoy my coffee mornings with my girl. Its something we started when she was an infant and I hope to always keep the tradition! It'll be fun as she really learns to talk more and we can discuss life! So afterwards we left to pick up Colby. We got him and headed to the park. Thoughts crossed my mind for another big field trip day but we've been so busy I wasn't really feeling another across the river trip. We went to a local park and the kids had a good time. I am always glad to let them play for free outside. I hope this entertains them for a long, long time! After we left the park it was still kinda early so we stopped by Randall and Elizabeth's house. It had been FOREVER since we had done that so it was fun to just stop and chat for a few min. I think the kids had fun as well. The rest of the day was low key and just resting!
Saturday we were up really early and got going b/c we were babysitting our little friend Michael today. He came over about 8:45 and stayed until about 11. It was a fun, but busy morning. I had totally forgotton what 1 year old boys were like! He was a lot busier then my 2 kids and I had to constantly watch him. We did spend a lot of time outside which was nice though! I think the kids enjoyed being the "babysitters" especially Colby. Not sure what we will do this afternoon/tonight...probably play outside and maybe go for icecream or snoballs tonight...nothing major! I can't believe tomorrow is our last day of spring break though! I am a little ready for them to go back to school but I have also really enjoyed having them at home! We have had a great week and got to do a lot! For that I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment