Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Egg Hunt Party

So Colby was invited to an Easter Egg Hunt party today. I honestly had it all wrong though I thought this was a party for the kid's birthday. I even bought a present! Anyway it was at a local park and Colby has been so excited about going. The invitation said 12-3:30 which I thought was a really long time so I knew we couldn't make the whole event. It just so happened that today Austin was working and my mom had something at her church so I had to bring Lindsay with me. Had I had a babysitter it would have been a different experience. With Colby I could have sat down and visited but with Lindsay I had to actively follow her around and watch her.
Anyway so we first got there and I realized that it was not the kid's birthday so I felt a little silly. Oh well atleast we only spent about 10 dollars total on the gift! The kids went right to playing. At first I felt a little awkard because I really didn't know anyone there. Finally his teacher and her daughter arrived so I spent sometime talking with her. It was really hard to keep up with both kids though and visit. I wasn't too worried about Colby I just had to glance up every now and then and check on him but with Lindsay I felt like I had to actively chase her around. She is fine climbing most things but there were SO many kids out there I was just afraid someone would knock her down. She had a blast though! I was really shocked at how well she did for the length of time. They had pizza and chips so my kids just had a bag of chips and a drink. Luckily I had fed them a little snack of crackers and cheese and fruit before we left b/c I was worried it would be pizza. They seemed to both have fun. I was glad Colby got to see and interact with his school friends outside of school. His friend Max was even there which was so random! I got to visit with a few parents which was cool too. Around 1:30 or so though Lindsay somehow got knocked down or something made her cry...I could tell she was getting really sleepy and with no Easter Eggs in sight we decided to go ahead and leave. I felt soo bad for poor Colby. I hated to dissapoint him but even he was getting bored and there were just so many kids it was getting stressful. I tried to make up for it by picking up chickfila nuggets and a chocolate milkshake =)
Austin got in early enough that evening to let the kids play outside some which was great! Sunday he was off and we had a nice morning at church. That afternoon we all spent time outside which was lovely! We don't get to do that often so the kids had a blast! We did water balloons, sprinklers, and they played on their swing set! It was a great way to close out the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment