Friday, May 2, 2014

Austin's B-day

This Thursday was Austin's 35th b-day. He was able to take off for his birthday which I was glad. This morning Lindsay and I went over to my parent's to bake his cake. He always wants a homemade cake for his b-day. Some years I have made it happen and years like last year he had to make do on a store bought cake. It just depends on what day his birthday falls and what we have going on. Unfortunately his b-day comes right before school getting out and all sorts of things are going on. Since I had nothing planned today I asked him if it would be ok if I left for a few hours to bake his cake over there. This way he had the house to himself for a little while. Lindsay has also been begging to go to Grammy's house all week. We got his cake baked and headed home around 10:30. Since we were already dressed I asked him if he wanted to go out to lunch.
He chose La Madeline uptown. It was a nice little drive. It was fun just going out to lunch the 3 of us. We missed Colby but sometimes its nice just to have that quiet time with Lindsay. We had a nice little outdoor lunch. Afterwards we came home to rest a little while before Colby got home from school.
The afternoon was pretty busy with homework and playing with the kids. We were able to enjoy the beautiful weather and all play outside for awhile. We decided to pick Outback up for dinner. I hated to not have a special homecooked meal for Austin but I also didn't want hm to spend his birthday evening cleaning up a kitchen. We ate outside which was really nice! We haven't done that in forever! Afterwards we enjoyed birthday cake!
I know we didn't get to do a whole lot on Austin's birthday but I think he felt special and loved! We don't always go big on birthdays and this year it just fell at a really busy time! His parents are coming in town this weekend so we will go out to eat as a family and celebrate some more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment