Thursday, May 15, 2014

Honoring Mrs. Stubbs and Girl's Night Out!

Well the last 24 hours have been extremly busy for me and the littles. Yesterday they had a special ceremony honoring Mrs. Stubbs at the school. We didn't find out about it until the night before but I felt like I should go. Even though it was at noon which is a hard time to get out and go to something like that. Anyway I was glad I did. There weren't many other parents there but I figured since she taught me and I have known her in so many different capacities that I needed to go. They ended up even asking me to say a few words about her. I was glad that I got to participate. B.c yes she was my prek 4 teacher. She actually took over that job from my mom when I was born. So we go WAYY back! I went to school there through 8th grade so she was always someone I knew plus she was principal my 8th grade year.
While I was in college I subbed a lot at Calvary and I recall several times that I subbed with her while her teacher's aid was out. Then while I worked at Calvary ofcourse we were co-workers. I really feel like I learned a lot from her through the years. I hated that she didn't get to teach either of our children. But she did interact with Colby a lot this year. She was right next door so I know he saw her all the time plus she led the prek and kindergarten in chapel each week.
Anyway I was glad I chose to go and I know it will be strange not seeing her at the school!
That evening I had a Girl's Night Out which like I rarely do! I was even almost ready to talk myself out of it but I am soo glad we went. I met up with Lindsey and we rode over to Elmwood together which was nice. It was nice to get to know her more. We met the other 2 ladies Holly and Tammy there for dinner at Zoe's Kitchen before the movie. Again it was so nice to eat dinner with some friends and not have kids attached to us! We went to see the movie Mom's Night Out! It was adorable and I can't wait to see it again! We laughed and cried! Again I think it was just what I needed. I needed that time to myself before summer starts and I am with the kids non-stop! Although I was so tired that next day b/c we got in around 10 but I didn't fall asleep until around 12:30! It was a great night though! I am so thankful for sweet, Christian friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment