Monday, May 5, 2014

Our Weekend


Wow its been a busy weekend but a great one! So I'll start at the beginning!
Friday Colby went to school and Lindsay and I went shopping. I needed to buy clothes for Colby's graduation in 2 weeks! I invited our friends Lauren and her little girls Stella and Lou. Stella is in school with Lindsay. We got our shopping done before they even got there so once they were there we let the girls play for about 45 minutes in the play area. I am glad Lindsay has a new friend since several of her other little friends moved away recently. After playing we went to eat an early lunch at Chickfila. I think everyone enjoyed that! We ended our mall visit with cookies and a little mommy shopping! It was a great morning and we hope to do it again soon! I look forward to many girl shopping trips with her!
The afternoon/evening were pretty low key!
Saturday we got started early b/c Colby started tennis lessons again! I was excited to hear from the coach and that we could start right away. Colby has no interest in baseball so I am glad to get him in some type of activity. He seemed to really enjoy it! I could tell he has matured so much from last year. He still got a little distracted halfway through but he did soo well once he got warmed up! Lindsay is so great watching him too! I hope to get her started in gymnastics or dance soon! After tennis I decided it would be nice to all go cool off in my parent's pool. Well we got there and I discovered it was 72 degrees so I decided to sit that one out but my parents and the kids got in and seemed to do just fine! I am glad they got to swim and have fun! After swimming we came home for lunch and rest time. We were expecting Austin's parents in so I wanted to make sure Lindsay got a nap. We were all able to have a little quiet time before they arrived at 1:30. Colby was able to have some 1 on 1 time with just mawmaw and pawpaw. They played games inside and played outside then even took him down to the Base for a bit!
Once they got home we all got cleaned up to head to dinner. We made reservations at Des Families. My parents and Austin's parents joined us. Colby had been with us once down there but we've never brought both kids. I think they really enjoyed it! Its a great family restaurant. They enjoyed looking out the windows for alligators. After dinner we spent some time outside watching the humming birds and just enjoying the nice weather! We came home for cake after. It was nice just being able to visit and hang out with everyone! It had been awhile!
Sunday our church had a big Friend/Family Day. They did one joint service and it was outside. We had invited both sets of our parents to join us and it worked out well since it was Austin's birthday weekend. Since the service was outside and very casual there was also no childcare. I was a little worried how the kids would do especially since it was out in the hot sun and very little shade except our umbrellas. But they both did super! I was so proud. The service was short too probably only like 45 min. Afterwards they had a free BBQ. They also had inflatables and snowballs for the kids. After eating we spent about 30-40 min just letting the kids run around and play and enjoy snowballs! It was a great day! We were blessed with wonderful weather as well. It was definitely tiring though. We came home and all rested! That afternoon though Austin put up our water slide and let the kids play on that!
We def got our Vitamin D this weekend! I am so excited for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment