Thursday, May 15, 2014

Chuck E. Cheese Day

Wednesday Colby had a special celebration day at Chuck E. Cheese. This included prek and kindergarten classes. I am pretty sure this has been a tradition for many years. Colby was beyond excited about this! It was only his 3rd trip to Chuck E. Cheese. I just really don't like that place.
We took him once when he was just barely 1 in Hattiesburg and even that time I wasn't that impressed. He only went back just this year for a b-day party and now for this school event. Its def not a place we will ever visit except for parties. Lindsay had never been so I was excited atleast for her to go and experience it.
I think Colby had a good time running around with his friend Nijel. Although I found it quite hard to keep up with him and Lindsay. Colby I pretty much trusted to go off on his own and to come back and find me but it scared me when Lindsay got out of my sight. Which she did a few times!!
The kids basically played and used their tokens for the first hour. Colby liked playing the games and riding the rides. Lindsay just enjoyed doing whatever he did. Although she did start to get upset b/c she didn't have tokens. In hindsight I guess I should have gotten her her own 4 or so tokens but I really was trying not to spend any extra money in there!
Colby won 35 tickets and was excited to redeem them in the store but all the stuff in the "store" is CRAP! All he could pick from were these 2 baskets of really chinky things. I felt so bad for him then he wanted a little orange notepad and all the lady would give him was a blue one! Agh so frustrating.
In my personal opinion its a money trap and like gambling for preschoolers. I mean I liked it as a kid and I get its fun to do every now and then but I will never go there often! Maybe some of the establishments are better then the one we went to but still!
The kids also got pizza and a drink with the money we paid for the party/field trip. During that time I just let Lindsay eat a snack I brought for her b/c neither of my kids really like pizza and I wasn't going to spend a bunch of money there on food. After eating I was pretty much ready to go. My head hurt and it was just exhausting keeping up with them and totally overstimulating!
Again my kids had fun and I am glad they got to have this special day but it def isn't my fav place to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment