Saturday, May 17, 2014

Kindergarten Graduation!








Well today was the day! My little man has officially wrapped up his first year of elementary school! Its hard to believe the year is over! I am excited about summer and all the adventures that are ahead. I am excited about slower days and sleeping in! I am excited about having my littles at home more! I am not however excited to see how fast life is going! I really cannot believe we are at the end of this year! Colby has had a great year in kindergarten. We knew this year would be an adjustment and that it was. He went from 1/2 day preschool where they pretty much played all day to full day school with tests and homework and grades. He has handled it like a champ though! No its not been easy and yes there have been plenty of tears but he finished strong and for that I am so proud! He is one of the youngest in his class and coming from preschool I think he might have been a little behind and he still is but we are still so proud! His teacher and we have seen so much growth in him this year!
He didn't end the year with any fancy awards but he his final grades were As and Bs and I think that is pretty awesome for my sweet 5 year old!
The graduation ceremony was ofcourse adorable! His teachers did a fabulous job of putting it all together. I got teary eyed a few times. They played "Let them Be Little" and showed their baby pics and graduation pictures! AHH just shows how fast childhood goes! In another 5 years he will be 10!!! The kids sang 3 songs and said "The Lord's Prayer" and John 3:16. I loved that at his graduation they proclaimed the Gospel. I honestly have to say that's been one of the best things about this year was the fact that he's not only been learning academics but he's been growing in his knowledge of the Lord. Its awesome that at his graduation they can pray and talk about the Bible!
He was so nervous about the ceremony but he did great! Ofcourse you could tell he is a little more shy then some but he sang and did the hand motions. He even ended the last song with a little bow and dance! So adorable!
He made some really sweet friends this year! he and Nijel are buddies so I am so glad they will be together in VBS and in 1st grade together! His teacher was so awesome and we are so thankful for her. She worked so hard with him and was such an encouragment to me. I think his class had a special little bond this year! His teacher said this is the first year kids have cried on the last day! Anyway I am so thankful that God led us back to Calvary and this is where we chose to send him to school. Its been such a blessing!
We tried to make yesterday special after graduation we went out to Applebees for lunch then Austin and his parents took Colby to the park and out for icecream while Lindsay napped. They both played in the pool in the backyard after her nap. It was a full and busy day!!
This weekend we will be getting prepared for our Destin trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment