Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

We have a nice low key family weekend since getting back from the beach. Well Lindsay had her last day of school Friday and I met Laekan for coffee. She wanted to meet with me about the preshool this summer. I didn't have much time at home at all but that afternoon was very low key b/c Austin and Colby went to Hattiesburg. Lindsay and I just stayed home and enjoyed some quiet time. I was able to get a lot done with just her here so that was nice. She also plays so well by herself. I know she did miss Austin and Colby and I did too!
Saturday we got up and went to the grocery store early. I was anxious to get that over with! Afterwards Lindsay and I played outside until the boys got home. That afternoon after naptime we let the kids swim in the back yard! They ofcourse had a blast with that! It was nice just hanging out as a family and eating fresh fruit! So far I am loving summer time!
Sunday was church. I had to work in the preschool...I was a little discouraged about not being able to sit in church but I prayed for God to give me the strength and I know he did b/c once I got there I was in a much better frame of mind. I really do love teaching those little boys and girls but some Sundays I just crave being in church but I have learned that I can worship right there with those kiddos! Austin stayed and helped me b/c we were short on workers with it being a holiday weekend and all! It was fun having him as my co-worker! =) We had about 6 kids which honestly wasn't bad at all it was just the activities of mixing together playdough ingrediants and making bread dough. I do love though that we get to do those things on Sundays! This curriculum is so awesome! That afternoon we spent a lot of time in our backyard. Austin got some seeds for us to plant so we all worked together on that and then even ate dinner outside!
Monday (Memorial Day) We did our usual go to my parent's house for swimming and grilling! The kids were very excited to get back in the water. I think they miss the beach! Especially Lindsay! We got over there and went swimming first thing! It was nice just spending time as a family in the pool like that! The kids had a blast and I think worked up an appetite. We swam about an hour before going inside to get cleaned up. The kids enjoyed just playing inside. Once everyone arrived we ate lunch. We had a very cause bbq. It was nice getting to visit with Elizabeth and Randall. The kids spent most of the time outside with my parents. We were all pretty tired by the time we came home. We let the kids watch a movie while we all rested.
It was a wonderful weekend! Its nice to be back at home and start summer officially! The next 2 weeks will be consumed though with VBS but should be a fun and exciting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment