Saturday, May 31, 2014

VBS Prep and Summer Routine

So this is our first real week of Summer and trying to get into a routine. With graduation, grandparents, FL, MS trip, Memorial Day we have had something exciting going on ever since Colby finished kindergarten. This week our life sorta slowed down and its just been me and the kids and we are trying to find our summertime groove!
I am really excited about this summer and hanging out with the kids! with Colby now being a full time student I missed him so much! Also with his new school schedule we couldn't just take him out of school on a whim to go do fun stuff! I am def looking forward to some fun field trips with the kids this summer.
This week has been good but its been filled with VBS prep. So normally this week where we would have done the zoo, aquarium, City Park, Children's Museum we haven't been able to. But its been good the kids are learning about service and serviving others so I am good with that too! And we will get to do all our fun stuff soon enough!
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were VBS work days. I brought the kids with me to the church Tuesday and Thursday. They were good and watched a movie and played and ate snacks like we worked. I think they liked the idea of playing up at the church but I can tell Colby is really starting to miss his friends. The only other kid around has been Michael who is 1 1/2 so I think Lindsay has enjoyed her friend but poor Colby hasn't had anyone to play with! Wednesday the kids stayed at my parents for a couple of hours while I worked. This was good b/c it was easier to get stuff done plus it gave them a break. I try to balance how much time they spend up at the church b/c I don't want them to ever get tired of it!
Friday was our day at home but we had to grocery shop! Again I felt bad b/c we didn't get to go do something fun but the kids were troopers and we got to play outside a lot that day. Every day but one we have played in the front and back yards which has been good. We are also working on school work. Colby has been working on handwriting, phonics, and reading. I try to get him to read something to me each day and do an activity page. We are also working on a geography project. I don't want his brain to forget all that he's learned. Plus I want him well prepared for 1st grade!
Saturday we had to go to SAM's to get the snacks for VBS then bring them to the church and get all that organized. Again the kids were good but I can tell they are getting antsy to move onto other things!
Tomorrow they will get to go to church and see friends which will be good and I know Colby will have a great time at VBS next week! He will get to see most of his school friends so I am excited about that! It will also be the first year he does VBS without me around. He will be in kindergarten with the big kids and I will be downstairs with the preschoolers! Lindsay will be spending the week with Austin and my parents so I know she will enjoy that also! It will be a great week and I am excited about seeing God work!

No comments:

Post a Comment