Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sweet Simple Days

So this week we haven't been up to too much exciting. Honestly its been nice but hard at the same time to get ourselves off that highpaced high of traveling and birthday madness! We've still managed to be busy but the days have been quieter and we are just trying to soak up the last laziness of summer!
Monday Colby had his 6 year checkup. We did that and the Toystore then just hung around the house the rest of the day.
Tuesday I had Bible study that morning and my parents kept them. It was our last one of the summer. I missed a lot of this particular study this summer but I did really enjoy the book and being with the ladies. That afternoon we just hung around the house. My parents took the kids for icecream after dinner which gave me about an hour to relax and clean up the house.
Wednesday was our grocery shopping day. We stayed in the rest of the day until church that night. We are enjoying our summer series. We haven't had many preschoolers though so Lindsay and whichever ones we have have just been going upstairs to hang out with the big kids. Its been fun seeing Colby and his friends although I do think he will do better when I get back to my own class in the fall =)
Thursday was our first big adventure of the week. I took the kids out to Lakeside to get school shoes. This has been a once a year thing for us. I like to get their feet measured atleast once a year just to make sure my shoe buying is still on track b/c I order most of their shoes online. We did Stride Rite first...Colby was a champ and had his feet measure and tried on shoes very easily. Although Lindsay was a totally different story! She cried and refused. Colby's foot measured a 12 but they said it was ok to buy him 13s b/c obviously his feet will grow and the 13 didn't seem overly big on him. He's been wearing 13s for quite awhile lol. Lindsay I have no idea but I did buy her a pair of 8 tennis shoes. She is wearing 7s right now and they are obviously getting small so I know she will go into 8s this fall. I wanted to get her 2 pair but they didn't have the others in her size so I will have to order some online she needs about 4 more pair to get her through winter. After shoes I promised the kids a trip to the Disney store to just LOOK! My parents met us there at this point and my dad did decide to buy them t-shirts. They did good though about not asking for toys. They did though like making a list for Christmas! After the Disney store we went down to PB Kids. The kiddos usually enjoy looking and playing with a lot of the stuff in there and I needed to get some info on beds for Lindsay. Afterwards we had lunch in the food court with my parents. It was a fun time just to chat and visit. I know they eat up this time and we do too. Just making memories! I am so thankful my kids get to live close to their grandparents so we can do stuff like this on a pretty regular basis. That afternoon we just took it easy at home. I tried a new pinterest recipe.
So thankful for these days! The days are sometimes long but the years are short!

No comments:

Post a Comment