Sunday, July 6, 2014

Monkey Room and 4th of July Weekend

So Thursday was one of our first FREE days in what felt like forever! This summer has been filled with to do's and honestly I don't like it! I do like that we've been busy and therefore I haven't really heard the kids say they were bored too much but I really love just free fun days with my kiddos and taking them fun places! So since Thursday was free for us we went to the Monkey Room! This was the first time we had been since Colby was 3! Lindsay had never been! Its so hot these days that I figured indoor play would be best plus it was a new thing for them! I am not sure Colby even remembered it much so he had a blast! Lindsay really had fun but it was good that Colby was there to help her on the big stuff. She freaked out a few times but Colby was good to stay with her and help her on stuff. I do love that about them! They fight like crazy but when it really comes down to it they can be soo sweet to each other! I hope those memories stick with them! We stayed for about 2 hours before coming home. I was just glad they got to run and climb and be kids!
Friday was the 4th of July. We had a really quiet day. Austin had to work unfortunately. Its better for us for the 4th to fall during the week b/c when it falls on Essence weekend he has to work plus with our upcoming trip. The kids and I just went to my parent's house for a quiet day of swimming. Randall and Elizabeth are out of town too so it was just us. It was fun swimming with the kids. Again we haven't gone nearly as much as I would like to due to such a busy summer! Colby is doing so well swimming alone and Lindsay is getting really brave. We mostly keep floaties on her but she can kick and move her arms around and does great! After swimming we had lunch and just enjoyed the time to visit. The afternoon has been really quiet b/c Colby stayed over there for a few extra hours. I think this worked out well b/c its given me a little time to clear my head. With being with the kids non-stop I have felt myself really reaching my breaking point several times lately and I hate that! So now with Lindsay napping and him gone its been a nice break for me! I do look forward to hanging out with them tonight though.
Saturday morning was another busy day! Colby had tennis lessons at 9:30 so we went to that. Afterwards we had to go run a few errands. The day has gone by fast and I have a lot to do before our trip! We will have a quiet afternoon. I am hoping the kids will be able to play nicely while I pack and prepare for the trip!
Sunday was church day. Austin again was working so the kids and I went to church. This was my week to teach the preschoolers. It always seems a little crazy the weeks I am there without Austin and have to teach. I have to deliver my own kids to their classes then teach. Today I was hoping to split the classes up but we once again ended up having like 7 twos and 1 4 year old. It worked out ok though b/c Cash was the older one and he's just so go with the flow I don't think he really noticed he was the only older one! It was a little hectic though with that many two year olds. We did the older curriculum mostly so that Cash wouldn't be bored but it was very hard to keep the attention of all the 2 year old boys! They run around like crazy! Although I am looking forward to seeing them grow and mature this year! Anyway we came home to eat lunch and rest. Now this afternoon I will be busy trying to clean the house and get packed for our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment