Saturday, July 19, 2014

TX Trip Day 7

Sunday we rounded up our last full day in the great state of TX. Again we headed out fairly early and headed to Mesquite to meet my aunt and uncle for breakfast. We met them at this little hole in the wall place but it was SO good! It was fun getting to visit. The kids were pretty good and let us visit but after an hour or so it was time to hit the road!
We drove to Kilgore, TX. My dad wanted to take the kids to the East Texas Oil Museum. My parents took me when I was little b/c we have an aunt who lives there. Anyway when we first arrived the museum wasn't open yet but we ran into a cousin of Laura Bush! Craziness! So we went to Whataburger to wait in the AC with a cold drink...Dr. Pepper ofcourse ;). Afterwards we went back to the museum. We stayed about 2 hours and the kids had a blast! It really is a neat little museum for such a small town! I think Colby learned some stuff and it was just fun seeing my dad in his hay day! After the museum we jumped back in the car and drove to Longview, TX. Here we stayed the night. Our purpose was just to break the trip up a little and not have to drive quite so long the next day. We got to the hotel and checked in then were able to walk over to Panera Bread for dinner. After dinner we once again took the kids swimming! It was a perfect way to close out the trip!
This trip was so fun! I love the ages that the kids were at! They were so good too! I look forward to summer vacations!
The next day we loaded up and headed out at 6am. We were home by 2ish. The kids were great! So thankful for this opportunity! It was a blast and many memories were made!

No comments:

Post a Comment