Friday, July 18, 2014

TX Trip Day 5




Friday our 5th day in TX was an exciting day. This day we arranged to go to the George W. Bush library and museum. It was my first time in any presidential library. I was also excited my kids would get to do something like this at such a young age. We got an early start to the day and got to the museum around 9ish. The museum was awesome and done really well. Even the kids were able to enjoy it. There were plenty of interactive exhibits that kept them busy. I really liked the 9/11 exhibit and the Life in Whitehouse exhibits. The kids mostly enjoyed the interactive exhibits of No Child Left Behind and the Bush Pets. I was really proud of how well they did. I would say we were in the museum about 2 hours. A lot of the workers I think got a kick out of them as well!
After the museum we went to lunch on the SMU campus. My aunt had joined us for the museum and lunch so it was good getting to visit with her. We had a nice liesure lunch. We could tell though that the kids were getting tired.
We got back to the hotel and made them rest. It wasn't long though before we had to start getting ready for the Rehearsal Dinner that evening for my friend Ashley. I was a little nervous on how the Rehearsal would go especially with 2 kids but we wanted to bring them so they could meet everyone in a more casual atmosphere then the wedding plus I figured it would be good for Ashley's son Jude to have some company. We got to the Rehearsal before any of Ashley's family so we had to wait around a little while before things got started. Finally everyone arrived and we all visited for a bit. We went quickly through the ceremony then it was time to eat! The kids did well during all of this since it was outside they were able to run around and play a lot! During the dinner we found a table for 4 but Jude joined us too which was precious! He and Colby had lots of fun talking and playing. Austin took them outside after we all ate and let them play while I visited with Ashley and her other bridesmaids. It ended up being a wonderful, laid back evening! I had so much fun and so did the kids! We got them back to the hotel and put to bed pretty early for the next busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment