Friday, July 18, 2014

TX Day 6

So Saturday was our 6th day in Texas. It started out a little more low key. We were able to sleep in and take our time getting ready. Once we were all finally dressed and ready we headed out for breakfast. We just settled on McDonald's knowing that they kids would eat and they could play for awhile. It had a great playground so we let them run and stretch for awhile. Afterwards my parents took the kids back to the hotel and we took a trip to Target for a couple of things. Afterwards we got back to the hotel and let the kids swim for an hour. My dad and Austin got in with them and my mom and I just sat by the pool and visited. Again it was a lovely low key morning and helped us all sort of unwind and relax! The kids loved all the swimming they got to do! After swimming we ate a little snack lunch in the lobby of the hotel. The kids enjoyed that and it kept us from eating out.
That afternoon I spent mostly just getting cleaned up and ready for the wedding. We made the kids rest and take naps in the hotel room. This room was nice b/c they had their own room which gave us a little more space and everyone was able to rest/sleep better. Austin dropped me off at the wedding venue around 4:30. Ashley was still getting dressed and makeup done so I just sat around and visited which was nice. We took pictures around 5:30ish. The wedding was beautiful! I really enjoyed being a part of it! I was a little nervous of how the kids would do (it was only Colby's 2nd wedding and Lindsay's 1st). They ended up doing awesome though. I was caught up most of the time with wedding stuff though atleast until later in the reception b/c we had to take a few more pictures after the ceremony. Afterwards I was able to sit down and enjoy my little family. The kids loved playing with Jude again and it was so nice getting to visit with our old Calvary friends. We stayed until about 10. The wedding wasn't over but we knew the kids needed to get back. They were troopers though and hung in there without getting too crazy/grumpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment