Sunday, June 29, 2014

Birthday Party & Water Day

This weekend is in full swing and its been a busy one full of water activities! My kids should be fish by the end of it! Well yesterday ended our 2 weeks of swim lessons. I mean its always sad in some way b/c you have spent the last 2 weeks with some of the same people and I do enjoy visiting with them! Its also sad b/c I realize yet another summer has flown by and my kids will be 6 and 3 when they return =( Anyway I am very proud of them both. Lindsay conquered her fears and was doing so well by the end of the week. I am not sure how close she is to actually swimming but she's used to the water and knows how to act around it.
Colby was swimming from the deep end by the end of the week which made my heart so happy! He was ready! He did awesome! He still needs to perfect his arm strokes and such but I am very pleased with how far he has come! I may seriously consider swim team for him next year!
Friday evening we had a birthday party for our little friend Michael. His birthday party was at the Naval Base pool. I had requested that Austin come with us b/c I was really nervous about taking 2 kids to the pool alone. Thankfully he came home early and we all went together! The kids had a blast. I didn't bring my swimsuit b/c I honestly wasn't sure what to expect. I figured Lindsay would be playing in a baby pool or the splash pad so I figured Austin would watch Colby. well Lindsay only wanted daddy and wanted nothing to do with the splash pad. So I took Colby over to the big slide. He had to wear a life jacket though b/c it was 13 feet and there was a really strong current. He loved it though! We were in the pool about 45 minutes when a HUGE thunderstorm blew in. We all got out and got dressed and we just decided to leave. By that time it was 7...and none of had had dinner yet. They were continuing the party at someone's house but I figured that would be chaotic. We chose to go eat at Rotolo's. It was fun but it was a long ordeal. It was different though bc we RARELY go out to eat! I think the kids enjoyed their crazy Friday night!
Saturday we got started bright and early for Water Day at church. This was for the kindergarten-5th graders. Colby was very excited b/c they did this last year and he had so much fun! It was 9-12 which worked out well for our schedule! We dropped Lindsay off with my parents. I figured everyone would be happier this way. I like to spend one on one time with each child and this was the first time I think Colby and I had really been alone ALL summer! Plus I knew with the long time in the hot sun she would get tired and grumpy! He had a blast. They mostly just played on a water slide for 2 hours! They did do a slip n slide and some water balloons oh and a sprinkler but I think they had the most fun on the slide! Colby loves the 2 children ministers Mr. Ryan and Coach Stephen. He had a blast with them! It was hot and tiring but it was fun hanging out with him and just watching him have fun! They provided hamburgers for lunch which was nice. After lunch we picked up Lindsay and came home for naps! The rest of the day was very low key we played outside and just watched TV. I was pretty much done after water day lol
Sunday we had church and Austin was off. So nice going as a family! Although I was working with the kids. We had 8 kids but we all stayed together this time. We are trying to split the younger and older but we had 7 for most of the time and it just wasn't worth messing up both rooms. Although I hope we can figure out this splitting thing soon b/c I know the big kids need their own space! It all went well though b/c we had enough help! The afternoon again will be low key. We have no plans just cleaning up around the house and some outdoor time with the kids!
This coming week will be busy with errands and regular routine stuff and getting ready for our big trip to TX!!

No comments:

Post a Comment