Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day

This year poor Austin had to work on Father's Day. We def missed having him with us this morning and at church. Our first half of the day was pretty much like any other Sunday. The kids and I went to church. I had to teach so it was one of those hectic Sundays. Luckily Elizabeth helps me get Colby to and from his class so I don't have to walk up there and try to corral my little preschoolers. So this was my first Sunday to teach since promotion. Our goal for this new year is to have 2 preschool classes each service again. Last week they didn't split them but we had 11 this week and I felt it best to split. We were all together in the beginning to play which I think we will do each week just b/c it makes it easier as the parents are dropping off and teachers are arriving. We all went to Clubhouse together. Afterwards is when we split up. I had asked the other teacher if she proffered the younger or the older and she chose younger. The class was pretty much split evenly. I told I would take Lindsay as well b/c I knew with me being in there there would be no way she would stay in the other class. She usually does great with me but she was sorta out of sorts and very clingy and whiney the whole class! (A day later she is running fever so that explains it). Usually she does awesome with the activities but this week everytime I had to change to a different activity she cried and pitched a fit! I felt a little overwhelmed...I mean I was glad we split the classes b/c there is no way 6 two year olds could have done all the stuff we did but it was still hard to get the 4 and 5 year olds to focus at times. It was a lot of paper activities which I started to lose them by the 3rd one so we didn't even get to the last craft. I could totally handle the kids mostly by myself but it would have been nice to have a youth helper to get stuff/put stuff away and help the kids cut/paste instead I was running around like a crazy person! I am glad we are splitting though b/c we have so many younger ones now that the older ones really need a class of their own!
Anyway that afternoon we rested for awhile then got ready to go over to my parent's house. We chose to do Father's Day at 4 due to everyone's different church schedules and the kids rest/naptime.
The kids had fun going over there and playing and it was great getting together with everyone and hanging out! I do love holidays that it gets us all together like that. Austin and my dad got the kids in the pool after dinner which was good for them! Lindsay was still out of sorts and I just figured it was due to her short nap and being so busy and stuff like that. She cried a lot and wanted to hang on my mom which normally she is not like that! Anyway we all had fun though. I just hated Austin had to work that made the day feel more rushed and hectic I guess. He's on a long schedule right now but will be off tomorrow which I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment