Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summer Week

So this week really feels like my first "typical" summer week with the kids. As you know we went to the Coast Monday. That was a fun trip and fun just playing and spending time with the kids!
Tuesday we had to grocery shop so it was a pretty low key day for us. That evening we had lifegroup. The kids actually got to go with us now that its summer and they don't have school. They had a blast! Our lifegroup has so many kids: 2 nine year olds, 1 seven year old, 1 five year old, 1 four year old, 3 two year olds, and 1 one year old! Colby was so excited to go back to lifegroup. He used to go with us every week before we switched groups b/c that group met at 5 on a Sunday. Now our new group meets at 6 on Tuesdays which is just too much for him with school. I was glad the kids got to hang out with friends and we were glad to be back with our friends too! I volunteered though to help keep the kids b/c usually our kids don't go so I have never watched them all before. They were all pretty well behaved but it was a lot of kids and activity in 1 room!
Wednesday we had a free morning so we decided to go to the library. We met Stephanie and her 2 kids Mackenzie and Deacon. They are 9 and 7. I think Colby and Deacon could be good friends. We mostly browsed for some summer reading books and the kids played on the computers. It was just good to get out. Again another really low key day though! That night we had church. Again our Wednesday nights started back. I am going to teach preschool again. I was glad for Colby to get back with all his friends. They had an icecream night which I knew he was super excited about! I had planned even a little icecream party for my preschoolers but we didn't have anyone. I wondered with it being summer if we wouldn't have any or many. Lindsay and I decided to go outside and play on the playground. We even got to sample some treats with the older kids! She got hot and ready to go in though before they did. We went back to the room and finally another little girl joined us. I had made up my mind though since it was just the 2 of them that we would just go upstairs to be with the big kids. The girls really liked that. They sat so quiet and still for Coach Stephen's story. This summer they are discussing fears and how we can trust in God. Lindsay was so cute even trying to dance and sing along to the songs! I enjoyed seeing what Colby gets to do each week!
Thursday was another free day for us so we decided to go swimming! Its been awhile since we have done that and it was a hot and sunny day so it was perfect! The kids always enjoy the pool and hanging out with my parents. Its a win/win! Plus we stayed for lunch which we haven't done in quite awhile! I know it always means so much too to my parents when we stay over there like that! When we got home we just rested that afternoon.
Friday was another free day for us! I can't tell you how much I love these summer days with no schedules! Anyway it was a rainy day so I decided to take the kids to a movie. We went to Pyrtania Theater uptown. they show old kids movies on the weekends. I figured it would be perfect for Linday's 1st movie. We saw The Wizard of Oz. I think the kids really enjoyed it. Lindsay got antsy a couple of times but I think it was a fun adventure for them! We will for sure be going back. I preferred it to the normal theaters.
The weekend won't be too exciting for us b/c Austin is working. We have tennis lessons, errands, church, and then a Father's Day dinner on Sunday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment