Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tennis & Water Day

So yes our life doesn't slow down...so now that we have finished up VBS the weekend is here and we are still going strong! I was so physically and mentally exhausted yesterday! it was bittersweet VBS ending I will miss the kids and it was so much fun but I am also glad to sleep past 6 and actually get to enjoy summer with my littles now!
So today was our first non-vbs day...Colby had tennis lessons at 9:30. He has missed 2 weeks in a row so I think he had a hard time getting back on track but he did well just not as well as 2 weeks ago when he did awesome! I think he's a natural at tennis though so I hope we can stick with it. He will probably just take lessons through June/July and take another break during school.
Afterwards our old church (my mom's church) had a Water day. I would have loved to have stayed home or done something a little more relaxing but I really wanted to go support my mom plus I figured the kids would have fun and if anything it would wear them out enough I could take a nap.
The water day was supossed to be for all the children babies-6th grade. I don't think they had many older kids show though b/c that portion sort of fell apart. We stayed in the "preschool" area bc technically at Metairie Colby would still be considered in kindergarten or part of preschool. I was worried when we pulled up and Colby started asking where the inflatables were which they didn't have any. I worried he might be bored but he had a great time. They basically had different stations set up on the playground: They had a water table, bubble area, washing cars, painting the building, sponges, balloons, and even an art table. I really did enjoy it b/c it was all calming activities and not like a HUGE inflatable that the kids get so rough on! Colby and Lindsay went to playing right away and pretty much rotated through the stations plus they loved playing on the playground! It was nice visiting with some of their old teachers as well. It was hot though and I was so tired from the week. I am not sure either of them interacted with many of the other kids though. I know Lindsay didn't really know anyone so she just did her own thing Colby did start to talk to the kids about the last half hour. He remembered a few that were in his classes when we were there. After the kids played about an hour they had lunch for everyone. Again I was tired but it was nice to kick off our week with something free for the kids to do!
I think we were all tired though and ready for naptime! The rest of the weekend will be pretty low key other then church tomorrow. Monday we might be going to the MS Coast though to do some things so that should be a fun family day!

No comments:

Post a Comment