Thursday, June 26, 2014

Swim Lessons Progress

So its Week 2 of swim lessons. The kids are doing awesome. Last week Lindsay cried almost every day but this week she has done awesome and barely even fussed! I am so proud of her. She acts so well and listens to the instructors as well. I am not sure how close she is to swimming on her own but I feel like she has learned a lot of basics this year and just how to act and be safe in and around the water. Colby has been doing great too although I have to admit I have been a little antsy and impatient waiting for that moment for him to really "take off".  I know he can swim but I don't feel like he always tries his hardest or he forgets what he's doing or something. But today on Day 9 of lessons they put him at the deep end for the very first time. He kicked all the way across the pool I was so proud! I know this was a big confidence booster for him as well. I look forward to seeing him progress more as summer goes on and we will get to swim at my parent's pool!
This week has been pretty busy with lessons and life in general. Monday we grocery shopped before lessons. That afternoon though was pretty low key. Tuesday I had Bible study and my parents kept the kids then we had swim lessons. Tuesday evening we also had lifegroup which made for a crazy busy day! i am glad to be back in Bible study though. This was my first week of the summer. It was nice just to get that "me time". I really didn't realize how much I missed it until after I went this week! We are also really enjoying lifegroup and the kids are enjoying going. Its good for them to get that social time with other kids.
Wednesday we stayed in that morning which was lovely. It was nice just to let the kids play while I got some much needed housework done and we also all had time to just chill. That night we also had church. Again another great night for the kids. Again though we really didn't have a big turnout for preschool so we went upstairs with the big kids again but it worked out fine. We had 3 little girls and they had a blast upstairs.
Thursday we went to Party City to pick out stuff for Colby's birthday party. Since we are going to TX in a little over a week and will be gone a week it needed to be done now! Colby is excited about his little Minion party! We had a low key evening which was nice after 2 busy nights out!
Tomorrow we will do Target before swim lessons and then that evening we have a swim party so it will be busy busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment