Thursday, June 19, 2014

Swim Lessons Week 1

Well this week has been looking like a VERY busy week in our household. Usually swim lesson weeks are pretty easy and laid back but not this one! Well ofcourse the day didn't start at all as I planned. I had planned to do my grocery shopping today before swim lessons. I was honestly dreading it b/c of our busy schedule but I knew it had to be done. Well plans changed when Lindsay woke up this morning with a 101-102 fever. It def now explains why she was in such a bad mood yesterday! Poor darling! Well when we got started today I wasn't even sure she would be able to go to swim lessons but after dousing her with oils and giving her some Tylenol she seemed to perk up and her fever was down so I figured we would go on with swim lessons. I mean I hated to do that but its for 30 min and I hated for her to miss and have to make them up.
So this was the first year for them both to be in class together. This is Lindsay's 2nd year and Colby's 5th. He is an old pro and I really hope to see some real swimming out of him this year! Last year Lindsay took the parent/child class with me but I knew she could handle the big kid class this year. I knew she would cry but she knows enough about the pool and swimming that I knew she would be fine. Colby was so excited and is so comfortable in swim lessons. Lindsay cried just as I expected but overall did fine! The rest of the day was pretty low key. My parents picked Colby up that afternoon to spend the night with them. It was nice having just a quiet night with Lindsay.
Tuesday Lindsay was still running fever. It was also a rough night b/c she got up at 5am and got in our bed but never fell back asleep. We were all up somewhere around 7. Thankfully Austin was home to help with the kids. We made the decision to take her to the doc. Normally I wouldn't have been so rushed to take her in but with swim lessons I really wanted to make sure it wasn't her ears, throat, or a UTI. Basically the doc said just viral there was nothing obviously wrong with her. Her temp at the doc was 97 but she had tylenol that morning. Since she seemed to be ok I decided to go ahead and bring her to swim lessons. Again I hated for her to miss b/c it would mean making them up later. Again she did great...not nearly as much crying. She really only cried when they made her flip over on her back! Colby is doing some swimming on his own, the main the he needs to work on though is getting his arms up and out of the water! So that afternoon we all rested and hung out. We had lifegroup that night but I knew Lindsay couldn't go due to her fever. Colby and Austin were able to go though which I was glad! I would have hated for them to miss out! Colby loves going over there and playing with all the kids!
So Wednesday morning Austin was home with us again. He needed to do yardwork though so I got the kids up and dressed and brought them to the uniform store to get Colby's uniforms. I was anxious to get this done! Lindsay had another rough night...waking at 3, 4, and 5am. She still had a low grade fever that morning. I wasn't sure if she would make swim lessons. We went on to get the uniforms though which didn't take long at all b/c all he really needed were size 6 pants/shorts. His shirts were already a 6 so I didn't buy new shirts b/c the next size is 8 and that seemed huge! Now granted by the mid part of the year I may need to go buy some but I know the 6s will get him through the first semester! Afterwards we got home and I checked Lindsay's temp and it was normal so we went on with swim lessons. She did really good this day...hardly any crying!! That afternoon we all rested. We had church that night but I went ahead and told Laekan we wouldn't be there. I know Colby and I could have gone but I hated to leave Austin here by himself with Lindsay and with us all being so busy I thought we just needed an evening to rest. It was nice having a low key night. we cooked pizzas and played outside!
Thursday it was back to just the kids and I. Lindsay woke up with quite the rash but she acted more like herself then she has all week. She still really isn't eating a lot but she hardly eats much anyway so I can't tell if that's just normal her or she's just still not hungry from being sick! We decided to head out though and go to Barnes and Noble and get Colby's summer reading books. Yes you read that my 5 year old has summer reading. Anyway it was fun getting out and looking at books and drinking coffee =) Afterwards we went on to swim lessons. Lindsay cried almost the whole lesson. Again I am not sure if its due to her still not feeling 100% or b/c she was tired or hungry or what. But honestly this was probably her worst day! =( I am hoping tomorrow she does better! After swim lessons we had a low key afternoon which was really nice! This weekend we are heading to Hattiesburg so look for my posts about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment