Saturday, June 14, 2014

2 1/2











So my sweet girl is 2 1/2 officially! I thought I would do an update post on her b/c she has grown up SO much since her 2nd birthday! I cannot believe she's 2 1/2 honestly I feel like she should still be 3 months old!
Anyway in the last few months her vocabulary just exploded. She went from just saying words to full out talking sentences. I remember Colby did this around 2 1/2 but his seemed more like a gradual progression whereas hers truly was an explosion! Typical Lindsay! She says just about anything and is so smart! She knows some of her ABC's and numbers. I hear her count often. I think she knows several shapes and she def knows most colors. Her favorite color right now is pink and blue! I work with her a little but most of the stuff I guess she picks up from school or from her brother! She finished her first year of school last month. I cannot believe in the fall she will be in 3 year prek! She will also start swim lessons soon this will be her second year but her first big girl classes! I hope to enroll her in gymnastics after her 3rd birthday as well. She's very limber and very athletic.
She's still our petite princess. I think she weighs in around 29 lbs. She wears a size 2T but even some 2T stuff is really too big on her. She is in a size 7 shoe but is quickly outgrowing those! She wears a size 5 diaper but the big news last month is she started potty training! She is pretty much potty trained 100% with number 1...well except night but she is no where near doing the other yet. But Colby was 3 so I figure hopefully by the end of the year we will have that conquered!
Her personality is quite feisty. I think she will be a natural born leader. She's also a free spirit. She is very different then Colby. She can be cautious but she's more likely to jump right in and try something and think about it later! She can still be shy and scared easily though. It really just depends! She is a pretty easy going kid and rarely pitches fits. She used to be very high maintenance but now that she's getting older she almost always is easy to get along with. She can be outright a smartie pants but usually will appologize right away! She has wonderful little manners and always please, thankyou, I'm sorry that kind of stuff! She's a sweetie pie with a kind heart!
She loves her big brother and looks up to him so much! She also loves other kids! I cannot imagine life without our little princess anymore! I look forward to our relationship growing and changing over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment