Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fall Schedule in Full Swing

So our fall schedule is really picking up this week. I am excited about all the new opportunities but I have to tell myself to hold on b/c LIFE is about to get really busy!!
So in addition to Colby's 5 day a week school schedule and Lindsay's 3 day a week schedule:
Tuesdays I have started the Ladies Bible Study. This year it is Beth Moore's Children of the Day. I am super excited about getting back into the Word with other ladies. I feel the difference in my life when I am not plugged in like that! Today we had a great turnout over 25 ladies! It is nice to just have this outlet for me. My mom has committed to keeping Lindsay again this year. She kept her 2 years ago when she was still a baby and now this year again. Last year we all 3 attended Bible study together and I wanted my mom to have the choice but because of Lindsay going to school 3 days a week my mom didn't want her to be in "childcare" almost every day of the week. I am glad she is getting fun days with the grandparents while she is still young!
Tuesday evening we had lifegroup. We are going through a session on work and finances. It has been really good and made me start thinking a little harder about how I/we spend money. I wouldn't consider that we are frivelous but I know sometimes I can get carried away especially with clothes so I am trying to consider going to consignments and getting clothes from other people first before I go buy a bunch of stuff. It has always helped Austin to work through some work issues he's been facing.
Wednesday nights we have now started Fall Empowered. I am really excited about our new curriculum. I am once again working with the preschoolers. I am really excited. I think this will be my favorite semester yet. We are studying the book of Hebrews. This first week we had 7 kids. They were all very good...well we had one active one but I think honestly he was too young for the class. He had a very hard time following directions. The kids seemed to enjoy the first week. We took care of babies and learned about Jesus coming to earth as a baby. I know my kids are glad to be back on Wednesday nights. Colby has always loved dinner and the children's classes. Yes its a long day but they both did really well. I love that they have another time during the week to really learn and study God's word. Lindsay is ofcourse in my class and yes I love having her in there!
Our Thursdays and Fridays will now be low key I think. Lindsay will go to school on Friday but I think those 2 days will be mostly my days to re-fresh and re-coup after such business!
We are excited about this upcoming weekend though and a ZOO trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment