Monday, September 15, 2014

Friends + Growing Pains

So this weekend has been a pretty low key one in our house. Last week was pretty busy with both kids in school and I ran errands and got to visit with a couple of friends. I was ready for a restful weekend plus Austin was working so we don't usually do much on those weekends.
Friday night we did our kick off the weekend with chickfila for dinner and a post bath movie. This week was Toy Story 3. I enjoy this tradition with the littles and I think they like it too! Austin got home early enough to join in the fun which was also great!
Saturday the kids and I had a Target trip planned. I promised both a 5 dollar toy due to how well they were doing in school. I won't always reward with toys/money but I can tell Colby has been working really hard and he had all As on his interim report this week. They each enjoyed picking out a small happy. We had planned to visit a park or go swim but both fell through due to it raining. We came home to have a restful rest of the morning. During naptime we got a text from Nijel's mom if he could still come over. I honestly thought the playdate had been cancelled but I was ok with it b/c I knew since our other plans had fallen through it would be good for Colby. Well the visit was mostly good but Colby was a little whiney throughout. I felt like him and Nijel just didn't "click" as our other playdates. At the end of the visit too somehow Nijel also broke one of Colby's toys. It also happened to be the new one he just earned. He was crushed. I think Nijel was crushed too! I hated the day ended up on such a sour note. I felt so bad for them both. I do think they were both tired though. So I got the kids to bed pretty early and Austin and I watched football.
Sunday was church day. It was just the kids and I. I was off so I was able to sit in church...although going without Austin is sometimes weird. It was nice to sit in there though and get refreshed with God's Word and worship. I think the kids did well and enjoyed their classes. That afternoon we just watched the Saints game. Austin got home and we spent a little time outside before winding down and putting them to bed early again.
It was a very low low key weekend which I thik we all needed especially since this week all of our FALL activities start! So Tuesday and Wednesday will be super busy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment