Sunday, September 21, 2014

ZOO Scavenger Hunt & The rest of the Weekend









So its been a lovely weekend. Friday night we did our usual fast food and movie night. The kids chose McDonald's and Beauty and the Beast. I love giving them this as a reward for their week. I hope to create a lifelong memory for them by doing this!

Saturday we had our church's Zoo Scavenger Hunt. I was excited that we got to do this as a family. The kids were so excited and Austin and I were too! Its rare that we go do a big even on Saturdays b/c usually Austin is working so the kids and I usually do something low key. We got to the Zoo a little before 10. It was awesome to see so many families from church attend this! I would say there was over 50 people there! It was fun seeing friends on a Saturday like this! Once we got into the zoo they passed out maps and our list of clues. We were assigned one other family to go through the Zoo with. I thought it was a neat idea to match us up with someone we probably wouldn't normally hang out with. We were matched with a mom and this little boy Joey. I have had Joey in Clubhouse so I was familiar with him. He promoted up this summer to Jump Start. He and Colby got along really well! I was glad we had someone that Colby could play/interact with. Lindsay had fun but she was mostly obssessed with snacking and making her daddy hold her. I know she had fun though! We went through the entire Zoo. We did stuff we don't normally do since we had to get to all of the clues! Colby was very cooperative and got into seeing all the animals and just running around outside! After the scavenger hunt we all met back at the entrance and walked over to Audubon Park for po-boys. Again another great part of the day! Food and fellowship with our church family. We sat by our friends Tammy & Clint and son Logan and Joey and his mom and Melissa and Eli. My kids were def surrounded by friends! Again Colby loved just running around and playing outside with friends which was so good to see!
That afternoon it was just the kids and I b/c Austin went up to Hattiesburg to see the Eagles play. I enjoyed our low key night again together.

Sunday we all went to church together which was fantastic. I taught the preschoolers. We had 12 which was awesome! To have so many they were all so well behaved too! Once again we split them up halfway through into 6 and 6. I took the younger ones into the modular so they could play and get some extra energy out. After church we ate lunch out then came home to watch the Saints game! Its once again been a nice low key family night and I have loved that! It will be another busy week so the downtime has been fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment