Saturday, September 6, 2014

School Days....

So I thought I would post about how school is going since Colby has been in for almost a month and Lindsay has finished her first week!
Colby is doing great in 1st grade. He has really matured in this last year I can tell! He learned so much in kindergarten and I can see him putting it into practice this year! Last year he was pretty shy and timid but this year I see a new confidence about him! He seems to really like his teacher. She is a new, first year teacher so I pray for her daily b/c I remember what that was like. I know she's on a learning curve as are all of the students! I know God has taught me so much in the last year about grace and perfection. Last year I stressed a lot about how Colby was doing and how he measured up to other kids. I felt so intimidated b/c he was young for his "grade" and I knew he would be a little behind since he didn't go to full day pre-k. This year I know he is right where he is supossed to be and I am totally ok with it taking him a little longer to achieve things. God made him the way he is and we are going to celebrate that! He has done well so far though. He comes home with all As except for last weeks spelling test. I don't fault him too much b/c last week was crazy and his mind was on our weekend trip. He seemed to really know his words this week so hopefully he will bounce back. He has his best friend Nijel and I am so thankful they have been friends for over a year and have each other to go through first grade with!
Lindsay has been to school 3 days now. I really worried a bit how she would do since last year she cried almost every single time I dropped her off. She never cried for long and she always seemed to enjoy school and be having fun when I picked her up but when asking her if she wanted to go back the answer was always no. I think it was mostly age. She was put though in the "younger mdo" class though even though she made the requirement (barely) for the older class. So I wonder if sometimes she was just bored. Anyway all that said this year she LOVES school. Again I am sure some of it is age and development! But I think its also because the 3 year old program is more structured and they have better toys =) She has teared up when I have left her but NOTHING in comparison to last year's drama! She also tells me WAYY more about her day then Colby ever did. I can usually get out of her what they had for snack and atleast one activity. She is also already saying things that they do together in school. On Friday I picked her up while they were having chapel so I got to see her in action. She was up and dancing and seemed to really be having a great time! Again so different then her bro. He always loved school and soaked everything up but I can't ever picture him up DANCING!! Maybe he did I dunno but anyway it was adorable and it made me glad I put her in school. I mean I questioned myself this summer that maybe I should just keep her home since she always cried and she's my baby and I don't really "need" her in school blah blah! But I can see how much she's already learning and growing! So proud of my big boy and girl! Cannot wait to see them as the year progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment