Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Summer Slow Down

Well summer is breezing by and I feel like we have finally slowed down here at the end of June. It was non-stop there at first. School ending, swim lessons, VBS, then vacation. I am thankful now to not have anything major going on and we can relax and enjoy summer. 
Monday was Austin's last day off from vacation. We decided to spend it being productive. The kids needed uniforms. Normally I would go alone but he wanted to be there for Lindsay's first time just like he was with Colby. We got Colby new pants/shorts and he should be fine with his shirts and sweatshirts still fitting him. Lindsay on the other hand got outfitted with 2 dresses, 2 tops, 2 skirts, a sweatshirt, and 2 hair accessories. I think she's excited about big girl school. We then had to go out and get colby some new glasses in Metairie. That all went well then we took the kids to lunch at Zoe's Kitchen. Afterwards we went to see "Finding Dory". I was happy to have 1 last family day before we sent Austin off to work. The kids loved the movie and time out as a family. That night we hung out and had leftovers for dinner.
Tuesday was an early morning for us. I had Bible study so the kids and I left the house by 8. I dropped them off at my parent's house. It was good to get back to my ladies Bible study. I feel its the only thing I truly just do for myself. Since I don't get to go to worship service a lot this is the time I feel like I get my spiritual re-fuel. Its also always great to get to visit and hang out with other moms. I left and went to my parents when it was over. Today I stayed and we went swimming. That won't be the case every week but Lindsay's friend Genevieve was spending the afternoon with us so I thought it would be fun to let the kids swim. We played in the pool about an hour before the girls were ready to go. I brought them home and Colby stayed with my parents. He wasn't very interested in playing with 4 year old girls. I picked the girls up Chickfila and we came home to eat it. They were so cute they ate then they spent about 45 min coloring their Chickfila bags. They were super easy to entertain and they were SO quiet! They played a bit in Lindsay's room then they were ready to watch Brave. While they watched the movie I rested a bit on the couch. Soon they were ready for a snack. They ate their snack and watched the rest of the movie. Afterwards they played princesses until Natalie picked her up! It was the easiest playdate ever! I loved just hanging out with them and watching them play. Austin worked late that night so the kids and I did leftovers once again. I had them in bed early after quite a busy day! 
Wednesday we had Nothing on the agenda which is quite unusual. I thought about running errands but I gave the kids an option and they chose a stay home day. I honestly was kind of relieved. Since had church that night I knew a stay at home day wouldn't be that bad. And now that they are older its really not bad at all. We had a leisurely breakfast then they worked on school work. I am having Colby do a language and math page each day. He's doing great with the language and  has also made some big strides in math. At first subtraction was a bit bumpy but I think this week with all the review he's getting a good handle on it again. We spent a little time outside after getting dressed before it got too hot. They helped me fill Allie's pool and water the plants. We just hung out inside the rest of the day. They played and watched tv and I worked on house things. It was really a lovely summer day! By that afternoon I felt we were all refreshed and ready for church. During the summer its great to have that mid-week. I think it helps the kids and I. We got there for dinner and they had chicken alfredo which my kids LOVE! This is the first summer they are doing the dinners. Its nice to continue to have that to not have to worry about cooking mid-week. I had 8 in my class which was pretty big for our little group. It was busy but we had fun! lindsay loves being with her friends Genevieve, Ebbie, Mia, and Makylee. Colby had a great ime with his as well.
Thursday we decided to go swimming again. I know it seems like we do that a lot but when its 100 degrees there's not much I would rather do. Today I told my parents we would also stick around and eat lunch. We got there about 10 and swam for about 2 hours. The pool felt so good. It was nice to know we had nothing else to do and could just enjoy. We ate lunch...my dad grilled chicken and the kids had that and mac n cheese and my mom made us salads. Afterwards the kids and I came home and relaxed. I am loving our afternoons. We rest (the kids usually watch tv and I nap) then we hang out and go outside, I cook and they work on school work, then after dinner we go outside again). Its been really great! I am loving that life has slowed down enough for us to just enjoy and not live in a rush! 

No comments:

Post a Comment