Sunday, June 5, 2016

Summer Week 2

Its hard to believe we are almost through our 2nd full week of summer around here. Its been busy and flown by! Well Austin was off Tuesday which was nice. We were able to get out that morning and check some things off our lists. We started the morning by bringing our old couch to Aurora Methodist Church for the youth group to use. the kids enjoyed running around "familiar space". The next thing was going to Target and Hobby Lobby for house things. We got all that done and dropped off our things at the house then went out to lunch. Lunching out is always fun as a family during the summer. Its just a special time especially now that our kids are getting older and eating out is more pleasant then it was say 3 years ago! 
We came home and all rested before heading out to swim lessons. Again it was nice to go as a family. Austin and I enjoyed watching their progress. We came home and relaxed for a bit before cooking. I love when he and I can cook together. Its one of my favorite things! we made chicken friend rice! It turned out wonderfully for our first time. Colby liked it but Lindsay refused to even try it. Not a surprise there really? We were able to take a walk and just enjoy the outdoors for a bit. I love the longer days! 
Wednesday was another busy day for us. This was probably the LONGEST day I had had in awhile. The kids and I got started early that morning to go run errands. I needed to stop at the library then meet our friends at Party City to look for VBS stuff. Since we had 4 kids with us I felt like the shopping trip was CRAZY. I mean shopping with my 2 I usually feel flustered at times but they are usually very well behaved in stores. Not perfect but not terrible either. Well these kids were unruly and b/c they were unruly it encouraged my kids to be unruly. I was completely embarrassed at times and just waiting on someone to say something to us. I heard Colby telling his friend that he wanted to live with him b/c his mom was nicer blahh blah. It hurt my feelings and also made me angry. I already felt the stress rising. Well when we got to Hobby Lobby I about lost it on Colby. They were still acting crazy and I just couldn't handle it anymore. Ashleigh took Makylee to the bathroom and I gave the boys a stern talk. And after that talk I heard Colby say "See?" I knew he was referring to how mean his mom is. I know this is normal and I probably said/did the same thing but it angered me so much. I was ready to hang him up by his toes. We got the shopping done and I tried to contain myself. When we got to the car though I let loose on him. I shouldn't have reacted that way but I was stressed, tired, hungry, and my feelings were hurt. I knew the whole time I was not doing what I should do but I just had to let it all out. Once we got home and everyone could calm down I was able to have a calm rational talk with Colby. I explained that everything I do is b/c I love him and Lindsay. I think by the end he understood he did the wrong thing and didn't choose his words wisely. We had the talk also about peer pressure and how we should choose the higher road type thing. The rest of the day was ok. They had swim lessons and I just felt a little stressed the whole day but we had a low key night. I didn't cook and we just did leftovers.
Thursday was another sort of long day! We had to go work up at the church so we got an early start and got there around 9:30. This was only our 2nd work day this summer. I am used to working with my kids and they usually do just fine. But today we had our friends meeting us. Well the kids were kinda wild as expected. I got a little annoyed and just felt flustered b/c it was hard to focus and correct littles. We worked on getting everything downstairs and the supplies organized and separated. We got all that done and we were able to focus a little on the decorating. By 11:30 or so I was ready to go. Thankfully we had done about all we could do. We got home and had lunch and rested before swim lessons. The kids are doing great at swim. Its hard getting out in the afternoons but its kept them from being bored so that part has been good. We got home and had white beans for dinner. Austin was actually off in time to eat with us and we were able to take a walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment