Saturday, June 11, 2016

VBS Week

This week has been VBS week! Its going great! 
Monday-The first day started great! I was a little stressed this year just feeling not quite as prepared as previous years but I felt like Monday just went so smoothly. We have a perfect number of preschoolers too! It hasn't been overwhelming! We have like 15, 10, and 10! As far as I can tell too the kids are wonderfully behaved! Lindsay is enjoying her class. She is actually in the prek 4 class. Technically she should be in the younger 4 group but since so many of her friends are prek4 about to promote to kinder I knew she would want to be with them. She is loving her class and teacher Mrs. Carla. Her friend Layla from preschool has also been there so she's loving that too! Colby also seems to be having a good time. He has several school friends in his class so I think he is having a fun friend week too! 
The kids got to do a water color painting craft and I think that was the hit! It was a busy/long day though. We were all tired after VBS and we were able to come home rest a bit before heading out to swim lessons. It will be a hard week conquering both but it'll be great to have it all DONE! The kids have been troopers! Austin worked late so it was just the kids and me mostly. We had a low key dinner and played outside for awhile after.
Tuesday- Austin was off and it was nice to have his help in the morning. He made the kids eggs. While we were at VBS he stayed home and worked on our gallery wall and worked on the yard. VBS was good. We had another great day. The kids learned about being good friends. It was nice to have Austin home when we got here. He was a big help with the kids. He even took them to swim lessons for me. I hated to miss it but I also knew I needed the break. It helped me to have a little while to clear my head and have some quiet time. I hoped it would help me get through the week. That night we cooked chicken alfredo and had some playtime outside. 
Wednesday- It was back to the kids and I. It was quite a busy day. VBS went well but between a suspected pink eye case and a kid pooping his pants it was CRAZY! We were able to rest before swim lessons but I just feel its been an overall busy and hectic day! I can tell today the kids are really tired. Especially Colby...I am praying for a restful night so they will be refreshed and ready for tomorrow.
Thursday- Today went really well. We began our day early and picked up the Director breakfast at Chickfila. It was just a simple way to say thanks for all he has done! The day went really well I felt. We had less kids but that's pretty typical. As the week goes on kids get sick or just plain ole tired. I think Colby and Lindsay both had a great day! I am so proud of how well they are still hanging in there! I enjoyed helping out in the classes and getting to love on the kids. They talked about telling their friends about Jesus. Once again we had a busy afternoon with getting in and going to swim lessons. That evening we had baked potatoes and just chilled. I could tell the kids were soo tired too! That night was also a little rough. We had the kid put to bed around 8 and Colby kept coming out crying until about 9:15. Poor guy! I think he was just flat exhausted. Lindsay got up at 10 to say she needed her music then Colby was up at 5 to potty. Needless to say I was exhausted and so were they. 
Friday- Whew! After a semi rough night I wasn't even sure we would make it. I made up my mind to let the kids sleep as long as they needed to. Well they both woke up within 15-30 min of their normal wakeup. We were able to still leave the house by about 7:30 and got to church by 7:45. We really weren't late at all. The last day went well but ofcourse it was busy with trying to run the day but also pick up the supplies from the week. It was a great week and I am so thankful. The preschool classes seemed to run wonderfully. We averaged 10 in 2 classes and about 15 in the other. Lindsay had a great time and loved being around her friends all week. I think Colby also had a fun week. He had 2 sweet teachers and most of his school friends were there. Its always bittersweet! i mean I am so glad for the week to end so we can move on and get rest but I am also sad to say goodbye. This was our 4th VBS at Calvary! I cannot believe how fast the years go by! That afternoon was also the last swim lesson. Another bittersweet thing b/c its the sign of another season passed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment