Thursday, June 30, 2016

Summer Weekend

The kids and I had a lovely weekend. I hated Austin had to work all of it. Friday we got up and decided to meet friends at The Monkey Room. We met Makyrin and Makylee. The kids had a wonderful time together. We stayed for 2 and a half hours!! They played so hard! It was nice to get and sit and visit with Ashleigh too while they were playing. That afternoon was pretty low key. Austin did get off early so we decided to go out to eat. We went to New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood. I think we all enjoyed getting out and doing that! That night we had our usual movie night and we watched Zootopia. 
Saturday the kids and I had to do the dreaded grocery shopping. It was nice though that we didn't have to rush out. We got the shopping finished and we were home about 11:30. We had lunch and rested a bit then went over to my parent's house to swim again. We really are loving all the extra pool time! We swam for a couple hours. These kids are going to be fish! We got home around 4 and cooked spaghetti for dinner. 
Sunday was quite a busy morning! I had to teach and I didn't have any helpers. We had 8 kids. The kids were actually pretty good and I handled the class fine but I still felt stretched and flustered most of the morning. Plus Lindsay decided to pitch a giant fit in the midst of class. She NEVER does that! I have never had a hard time teaching her but I about lost it! I finally drug her out the class and put her in the room next door. I couldn't handle the screaming anymore. I felt so bad b/c she was embarrassed when it was time to come back to class. I knew she was upset b/c she was having a hard time getting some stickers to stick on a craft and had I had help I could have taken time to help her but being alone it just left me very flustered and upset. Needless to say we all took naps that afternoon. 
That night we took it easy though and had leftovers for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment