Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday began our Memorial Day weekend. The kids and I decided to go up to the mall. We rarely make trips up to the mall and Colby was in need of some new glasses. It was also something "low key" for us to do. We have done so many big things I was kind of looking for a "smallish" thing to do. We got there around 10. We ordered his glasses right away...ofcourse he chose Harley Davidson glasses...some of the most expensive. He's gotten even more picky too. After finding just the right glasses we went to walk around. The kids wanted to stop in the play area and play. Lindsay got mad b/c I wouldn't let her take off her sandals. If we were going to be playing for awhile I would have but I knew it would be like a 5 min stop since they are getting too big for it anyway and get bored. So she ended up pouting for awhile. I took them into Dick's Sporting Goods b/c I really wanted to get a pair of Keen's for them for our upcoming mountain trip. We didn't find any so we kept on. During this time Lindsay said "I'm angry" and stomped off. Honestly it was the cutest thing! I couldn't be mad at her. She stomped and pouted and growled her way to the Food Court. I didn't say a word I just ignored her. I was thankful she could say she was angry instead of crying and screaming. I even told her its ok to be angry. So we went on to the Food Court and got our lunch. It was nice to eat an early lunch before the place got crowded. It was nice just sitting down to visit with them both. I treasure these times that they are 4 and 7 b/c they are growing up so quickly! After lunch I had promised them a cookie so we went and sat by the fountain and enjoyed that. It was a sweet morning! We got home and just relaxed that afternoon. My parents came to get Lindsay around 4. she was excited for her turn with the grandparents. I enjoyed a quiet evening with my big boy. It was amazing how quiet and calm the evening was! Austin wanted to take him out to a Zephyr game and I told him but he turned it down and wanted to stay home. Austin then even opted to take us out to dinner and I gave him the option of where or what he wanted to eat. He replied with sandwhiches. Well we figured Austin could just pick up Jimmy John's on the way home from work since has passes right by one. I love his sweet simple taste: he wanted a night at home, eating sandwhiches, take a walk, then watch a show about Cars. We really enjoyed our time with him. Its nice to get them alone once in awhile. 
The next morning Austin made french toast for us. We went to go get Lindsay around 10 and spent some time swimming before coming home. The pool felt great and we all enjoyed the break. We picked up lunch and came home to rest. It was nice to just have a lazy day around the house. We all needed it! We made a chicken and sausage alfredo dish that night that was pretty yummy! 
Sunday Austin was back at work and it was just the kids and I. We went to church. I was teaching ofcourse. I had 1 dad as my helper and we had 7 kids. It seemed so easy only having 7 kids. Its crazy that that used to feel like a lot. After church I had to grocery shop. UGH grocery shopping on a Sunday is something I hate but it needed to be done. My week was filling up and I needed to get it over with. The kids and I got everything we needed and got to the register and realized I left my wallet at home! UGH so we had to drive all the way home grab the wallet then drive back and pay and deal with the groceries! I was exhausted when all that was over. We finally were able to eat lunch and I could sit down. We relaxed the rest of the afternoon. That night we just had a light meal for dinner...Austin made breakfast for us and the kids had sandwhiches. 
Monday was Memorial Day. It was a little strange b/c Austin wasn't off. The kids and I enjoyed a low key morning before heading to my parents house. We had a low key celebration this year b/c my brother and sis in law were also out of town. The kids and I went swimming with my dad. It was nice to enjoy the pool on such a pretty day. We ate lunch and then visited then came home. It was a busy afternoon b/c shortly after getting home I had to get the kids ready for swim lessons. Swim lessons went well. The kids did excellent for their first day. Mrs. Joan spent the majority of the time reviewing with Colby what he has learned. That evening we were all ready to just crash! Austin brought home Chickfila and did yard work. We all went to bed pretty early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment