Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sweet Summer Days!

So far we are having a very adventurous summer! We have so far been to the Insectarium, City Park, Global Wildlife, and then Monday we went to the Cool Zoo.
Monday we were asked to keep Colby's friend Makyrin. His mom was still working this week. He got dropped off around 7:30. The kids played while we got ready and cleaned around the house a bit. We left around 9:30 to head to the Zoo. I knew it was best that we take them all somewhere and keep them busy. Last year when I kept him all day it was a LONG day. It was just hard keeping 2 active boys busy. 
I was glad we chose to take them to the Cool Zoo b/c they all had a blast! Luckily Lindsay's friend Claire met us at the Zoo as well so they were both happy to have friends there. They were all pretty independent which was nice. I was able to sit and visit with Tayna while the kids played. Austin did go with them to the Lazy River but other then that they could do things by themselves this year. We also saw Lindsay's friend Ebbie. They played hard from about 10 until noon. We then took a break for lunch. They then soon went right back to playing after lunch. We let them play until about 1 before getting them dried off and dressed. Afterwards they wanted to see a few animals. We took them to see the new Elephant exhibit, orangutans, bear, tigers, etc. It was good to see some but it was so hot and we were all so tired! We picked the kids up milkshakes on the way home to cool them off. When we got home I wanted them to relax some but they wanted to run around. Finally we turned on a movie and I tried to lay down and rest but they weren't very quiet. Finally they went outside which was nice. they just have so much energy! Makyrin got picked up around 4:30. I was exhausted but I was glad that we could help his mom out and also that Colby got to have a fun day with a friend! That night we were all ready to just relax.
Tuesday was a quiet day for us. It was my grocery shopping day so we mostly took it easy and did stuff around the house. We were WAY overdue for some quiet. It was busy though with our couches coming and fence being worked on. Colby spent that night with my parents so it was nice having a quiet evening with Lindsay. Austin had to work late so she and I had a nice dinner together and played outside. We missed him but its always nice to get 1 on 1 time with them. 
Wednesday we started the day a little early so we could get up to the church to work on VBS stuff. Again it was nice enjoying time again with just my girl. We ran a couple errands before meeting them up at the church. We had a good time working. My mom and Mrs. Doris came to help us. I think Colby enjoyed running into the staff members. He had been out of school less than a week but I think he misses life up there. We got so much done in 2 hours. That afternoon we rested. We had a meeting that evening so we were back up there at 6. They kept the kids though and we were able to meet and eat dinner. I think the kids had a blast. I don't think any of Lindsay's regular friends were there but Colby enjoyed playing with Makyrin and didn't want to leave! I was glad they had a good night. 
Thursday was another fun friend day. We were invited by Lindsay's friend Layla to go up to Park Timbers to swim. I was excited about this. I mean yes, my kids get to swim all the time since my parents have a pool but they don't often get to swim in a big pool. They got to swim there for the first time at Layla's party. At first Colby was a little pouty b/c he was the only boy but he got over it and had fun. The girls were so excited to see each other. I know Lindsay is going to miss them SO much! They played and played. I was shocked at them both diving off the diving board. Colby did it first then Lindsay finally warmed up to doing it and didn't want to stop! It was a fun morning! I love that they are getting so much time in the water! We played hard until about 1 then we had to leave to go pick up Jackson and Taylor. Their mom had a doctor's appointment and asked if we could watch them. We came back home and the 3 younger kids played and Taylor read. Finally I sent them outside with popsicles. Shortly after that Ashley came to get them. After that I needed a nap! It was quite a busy day! That evening we just had a low key night at home. I made hotdogs and mac n cheese for the kids and they played outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment