Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend was Mother's Day weekend. I had a wonderful weekend and truly felt blessed, loved, and spoiled. 
Friday morning I had to go to Target then my friend April and her baby James came to visit. It was nice to have that time while the kids were at school. That afternoon we relaxed and I made Lindsay take a nap. We went to get Colby from school and Austin called and said he was on his way home. What a nice surprise! Actually he and Colby went for haircuts! They were both due a summer cut! Lindsay and I went home but first drove by our old house. Its so strange to ride through our neighborhood. We still miss it and that little yellow house. I love our new house though! But I will miss that house and neighborhood always I am sure! so many memories! We didn't really see any neighbors but it just felt good to ride through there. 
That evening our church blessed us by having a Mom's Night Out. I was super excited b/c this is the first time the church has had an event like this that I have been able to leave the kids!! I usually stay and help out. It was nice that this time I wasn't even asked to help out. We had chose to go to dinner at Des Familes with our friends Scott and Ashley. It was a lovely night! We rarely go out much less go out with another couple so we really enjoyed it! We went to pick the kids up just a tiny bit early. I figured Colby would be the one who wouldn't want to leave. It was Lindsay though! We got there and the preschoolers were still watching a movie. She cried and screamed and tried to run away when we got her!! I haven't seen her act like that in a long time! I know part of it was she was exhausted but she's just that headstrong!! I cannot imagine her at 14! We got home and quickly got the kids ready for bed.
Saturday Austin was off. It was great having him off like that over the weekend. Its rare that he's off on Saturday and we have no place to be. We chose to have a family fun day. The kids were wanting to go back out to City Park. We chose to play Putt-putt. The kids and I had gone last summer but Austin had never been. I was impressed at how well they did. They both stuck with it the entire time even though it was getting hot. We then took them over to the rides area and decided to re-new our memberships. Lindsay first wanted to ride the Lady Bug coaster with me. She rode it and loved it!! She had been on a coaster in Disney World and loved that one too! I am glad she likes thrill rides. Colby has only been on the lady bug once and he hated it! She also rode it with Austin! She's our little daredevil! Meanwhile after Colby wanted to do the Bumper Cars which Lindsay was not tall enough for. So I took her to do the Carousel. We then met back up and they rode some kiddie rides together. I love their ages and that they enjoy doing stuff together! They were so cute! After the rides we went to go eat lunch. We decided to go try a new place called Blue Oak BBQ. It was delicious but not very kid friendly. The kids were good though even though the food was not their thing. We were excited to try a new place though! I love when we find new local restaurants! 
That afternoon Austin got their water slide out and let them play on that for awhile. Needless to say they were super tired that night! 
Sunday was Mother's Day. I was thankful to have Austin off with us this year. I taught in the first service. Luckily I had lots of help! We needed it b/c we had 15 kids!! I cannot believe how much our preschool has grown! We used to average 5-8! And now we average 10-15! We stayed for the 2nd service. I was glad to get to FINALLY go into church again. It had been since Easter. We like to try atleast once a month but with our crazy schedules its just been hard to find the time. That afternoon we were able to rest which was nice. We had a simple lunch at Subway. That night though we went to Randall and Elizabeth's house for our Mother's Day dinner. It was very sweet of them to grill burgers and invite us over! We enjoyed some family time over there before coming home and getting ready for a new week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment