Thursday, May 5, 2016

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week has been Teacher Appreciation week at Colby's school. Normally I try to do stuff for both teachers but its been tough this year for whatever reason but next week is Teacher Appreciation at Lindsay's school.
Monday was coffee/tea day. We did bring $5 gift cards to PJs to both teachers that morning. I would have loved to bring them actual coffee but I had no idea what they liked and logistically it would have been tough! 
Tuesday was spoil your teacher! We got Colby's teacher a $25 gift card to the movie theater. My hope is that either she and her husband can go on a date before their baby arrives or that she can take the boys to see a movie before little brother comes. I also got Lindsay's teacher a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble. Tuesday ended up being crazy though with my van broken down and I was supposed to have Bible study and it was just a Crazy day that I was running late so we will give her teacher hers at a later date. 
Wednesday was Chocolate day! I got Colby's teacher a jar of M&M's and wrote Thanks for making my year sweet and colorful! Lindsay didn't go to school or else I would have done that for her teacher as well. 
Thursday was a hand written note...again I sent Colby with a card from us and he also wrote her a note. Again since Lindsay had a field trip her teacher will eventually get the card and gift card! 
Friday was flower day! We picked some flowers from our yard to bring them. Luckily we had several things blooming right now. I also gave Lindsay's teacher her card and gift card. 
I truly appreciate all teachers and especially Mrs. Susan and Mrs. Gartman. Lindsay has loved school this year and Mrs. Susan I know has a great part in that. I love that she has now taught both of our kids so she holds a special place in my heart for sure! 
Mrs. Gartman has been wonderful as well. Its funny b/c I knew her when she was just Jennie. We went to church together several years ago. She's so sweet and so patient with the kids. She has 2 young boys so I feel like she gets it! She has been wonderful this year. Colby just adores her and loves school. She has given them hands on learning and lets them move about throughout the day! 
I cannot believe this year is coming to a close! I pray next year we get 2 great teachers as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment