Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Austin's b-day weekend

This past weekend was Austin's 37th bday. We tried to make him feel special and celebrate him all weekend. Friday I had a meeting for Bible study to discuss summer plans. It was nice to have coffee with some friends and have a low key morning. I even went back to Ashley's house to visit before Lindsay got out of school. Since we stayed at PJ's until 11 there was no way I could drive all the way home. Lindsay and I enjoyed a low key afternoon. That evening we did our usual movie night. We had tacos that night! It was a nice family time! We watched the movie Home and the kids enjoyed that. 
Saturday the kids and I enjoyed one of our slower paced mornings around here. Its so nice in the mornings when they can play and watch tv and I can take my time getting us ready and get some housework done! We left around 10 to head to my parents house. Austin wanted a home made cake this year for his b-day. He often requests it and some years I can make it happen and other years not so much. But with his b-day falling on a Sunday and us not having any Saturday plans it just worked out. The kids were also excited about going to Grammy's and going in the pool. We are usually always swimming by mid-April or early May. This was our first Saturday to get to try that. The pool was still in the 70s so still too chilly for me but they didn't notice. My mom and I stayed in and worked on the cake. They had a blast in the pool my dad said. Colby is a fish and Lindsay does great with her floaties. Although after swim lessons I plan on taking them away and hoping she can swim without! I enjoyed visiting with my mom. Once the kids came in they enjoyed playing with all the toys. We also had lunch there. It was just a nice break from the normal and loved being back home and with my parents. Now with school and being so busy we don't get over there nearly as much as we would like. That afternoon we came home in order to beat the storms and just enjoyed relaxing. Austin got home early and we had take out! 
Sunday was Austin's actual b-day. We went to church. I had about 13 kids in my class. It seems our preschool class just keeps growing and growing!! After church we decided to have a fun family day. We went out to eat at Mahoney's. We never go across the river on a Sunday anymore so it was a fun treat. Too bad the bottom fell out while we were eating. We escaped though without getting too wet! Our other idea was to take the kids to the Insectarium. Again we never do stuff on Sundays like this but since it was Austin's b-day we figured it was a must to do something fun! He was able to drop us off right at the door so that worked out well. We stayed about an hour and a half. The kids really liked it! We had brought Lindsay last year when she was 3 and she loved it. Colby hadn't been since he was a toddler so he didn't even remember it. We had a blast though. I think their fav exhibit was the ants and the butterflies! When we got home we rested then worked around the house. Again it was nice just to have everyone home. That night we had corndogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment