Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Colby's Big Day

So I feel like lately I've posted a lot about Lindsay and been doing a lot with her! It was time for my big boy to have a special day! so Thursday his class had won a BINGO. Basically that means the entire class gets complimented on their behavior they earn a number. If they make a BINGO on the 100s chart the class gets to vote for and pick their party. They had one earlier in the year I think that was a pizza party. This one they chose was an in school camp out. They were able to wear their pjs, bring sleeping bags, stuffed animals, books, and the teacher set up tents and they had smores. It was such a sweet idea! I volunteered to help her b/c she is 9 months pregnant and it sounded like a lot. 
So Lindsay and I stayed in that morning and got a few things done plus a friend stopped by. We headed up to the school a little after 12. We got there a few minutes before the kids arrived and were able to help the teacher finish her setting up! The kids and Colby were SO excited to see us! They were able to pick their "tent" and get set up shortly after we got there. Ofcourse Nijel and Colby bunked together. They were adorable with their sleeping bags, lights, books, and stuffed animals. I found an extra pillow and book for Lindsay to use. It wasn't long though before she was snuggled in a tent with some of the 2nd grade girls =) The teacher had wanted to show a movie but her smartboard wasn't working so they just read and talked. We passed out snacks too. They got to eat fruit, smores, goldfish, and popcorn. I think both kids had a blast! I couldn't believe how well Lindsay did. She would have stayed if I hadn't made her leave. I checked Colby out about 2:30 after they cleaned up the classroom. I didn't want to wait around for an hour plus with having Cubscouts that night it would give us a longer afternoon.
We got in and it was nice for everyone to chill out for awhile. We got dressed and left our house at 5 though. I took the kids to eat at Raising Canes and Austin met us there. We had to be at Cubscouts at 6 for the weigh in and getting ready for the Pinewood Derby Race. The kids were super excited about the race! Lindsay even got to make a car this year and race in the sibling division. The race went well and was so much fun! Colby won 2nd place! I think he was very close to getting first! so then the siblings raced. Lindsay's car obviously won! So when it came time for awards we were all waiting in anticipation. I think colby really thought he might get first. I think he was a little sad he didn't but I hope he was still proud of himself. 2nd place out of 12+ boys is a big deal! Not to mention he was the only wolf that got an award! I honestly think Lindsay's could have taken the whole competition. Hers could easily beat Colby so I figure she would have beat the other car as well. It was a super fun night! I love that he has this to get excited about! Since he doesn't really play sports this is a big deal! It was great! 
It was a long and busy day but I am so thankful for my big boy and that he got to have a super fun day! I loved watching the joy on his face at both events! 

No comments:

Post a Comment