Monday, May 16, 2016

Weekend

This weekend was a nice and quiet one! Honestly I love weekends like that. Friday night we did our usual movie night. We have also been able to walk a lot lately too so we did that after dinner. I love that time after a busy week to just unwind and have the kids and Austin home. 
Saturday we were able to sleep in a little then we got ready and went to my parent's house to the pool. The kids had been in a couple weeks ago but this was my first swim day of the season. It was still a little chilly but I think it was 82 degrees. We stayed in about 2 hours. Colby is such a great swimmer now and can swim back and forth to the deep end without any assistance. Lindsay uses her floaties but I am really hoping once swim lessons is over she will be able to swim some independently. They both had a blast! I hope we can start a new routine of swimming atleast 3 times during the week. I want the kids to stay active and me as well. After swimming we came in and had sandwhiches. My mom also made cupcakes ahead of time so the kids could frost and decorate them. I love that she does that type of stuff. And the kids love it!! So after the cupcakes we came home. We had a nice afternoon resting and watching movies. The kids also did some "school" work. Lindsay is working on writing her name and writing her letters. Colby is working on sentence structure in language. I hope to keep them working throughout the summer. 
Sunday was a nice day b/c Austin was off. We ofcourse went to church. I had 14 kids in first service. Thankfully I had enough help and even with 4 adults we all stayed super busy! I love though that we have so many families with young children in our church. We went out to eat Copeland's which was super nice for a change. We then enjoyed our Sunday afternoon of getting things done and relaxing. It was a lovely day! 
Now we are headed into our last week of school and I just can't believe it...summer is almost here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment