Monday, May 9, 2016

Days with Lindsay

After last week and Colby having some special days I have been able to once again have some special time with Lindsay and soak up these last few days of her preschool times. 
So Wednesday I chose to keep her home with me since she had a field trip on Thursday. I love having her home with me plus it makes our days a little easier. Just going to two different schools 3-4 times a day is exhausting! I decided since the weather was just gorgeous that a park trip was necessary. We picked up chickfila b/c that's also our thing. We either get PJs or Chickfila. It worked out well picking it up and bringing it to the park. My friend April met us too with her little baby James. Lindsay was a little clingy but I think she was bored b/c she had no other kids to play with. After the park she and I stopped at the bank then went home. I loved having a low key morning around the house too. We even had a picnic lunch outside. She's great company. 
Thursday she had a field trip to Storyland. I was excited about this since both kids had done this trip before! Since we dropped Colby off at 8 we had some spare time so we went to PJs. We had our usual coffee and muffin. Afterwards we drove over to City Park. We got there a little early so we parked and just took our time walking around. She enjoyed checking out the scenery and the weather was just gorgeous! By the time we walked over to Morning Call her classmates were starting to arrive. We met up with her friends and teacher. The kids enjoyed running around while waiting on their beignets and milk. I as always enjoyed visiting with the other adults. They had a little picnic snack then walked over to Storyland. The kids had a blast in there. We pretty much just turned them loose. Lindsay's favorite thing was the Dragon Slide. They spent most of their time there. I got to visit with her little friends moms most of the time. We stayed until about 12:30 b/c I just couldn't pry her out of there. She was having such a great time! I had kinda wished I had packed a picnic for us but I knew that we needed the rest before going to get Colby. 
It was a great couple of days! I just want to soak up each precious moment with her b/c I know next year will bring so many changes for us both! 

No comments:

Post a Comment