Sunday, May 15, 2016

More Teacher Appreciation & Time with Lindsay

Well this is it...we are in the final days of school. So bittersweet to think Colby is finishing 2nd grade and Lindsay preschool at Aurora. I think the one good thing is she still has another year of prek left. So this week has been Teacher Appreciation at her school. 
Tuesday they did a special breakfasts for the teachers. I didn't have to bring anything for it but I was able to hang out in the class and let Mrs. Susan go enjoy her breakfast without feeling rushed. I enjoyed visiting with them actually. They are such a cute group of kids. After that I had to go to a luncheon for my Bible study. It was our last meeting of the spring. We had our lunch at a lady Pattie's house who lived in English Turn. Her house was HUGE! It was beautiful. It was nice to just sit and visit with the ladies. 
Wednesday both kids had school and I was able to spend the morning at home which was nice. That night we had church. We had 8 kids and we were super busy! We had 4 older ones and 4 younger ones! 
Thursday was the day this week that I chose to keep Lindsay home with me. We went to Chickfila. This is like our favorite thing to do. I will truly miss these breakfasts next year! Our friends Ashley and Jackson met us too. After breakfast we went to Petsmart then came home to enjoy some down time at home together. 
Friday was another busy day! It was the Teacher Appreciate lunch at Lindsay's school. I dropped her off then rushed home to make pasta salad for the teachers. I got back there around 10:40. I had also signed up to help in the classes. I was assigned to the 2 year old class. I hated missing out with Lindsay and her friends but it was neat to get to know the 2 year olds. They were sweet and cute! Just a busy age! I am hoping to sub up there next year so maybe I will have some of these same kids when they are 3! That afternoon we came home and rested! 

No comments:

Post a Comment