Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Weekend Adventures!

We just finished up our first weekend of summer! We had a great time and I feel like we have gotten quite a head start on our summer bucket list this month! 
Friday afternoon the kids and I just enjoyed relaxing. I love having them around the house and not having to go anywhere. We watched The Good Dinosaur that night for movie night. They also were able to eat their dinner outside which was fun! We have gotten a little lax on our walking/jogging but hopefully this week we can get back into that routine. 
Saturday we started the day bright and early! Austin had the idea to bring the kids to Global Wildlife for the day. We haven't been in many years. It was hard to believe the last time we went Colby was only 2. It was fun to take a day trip like that just the 4 of us. We headed out about 8 am. We stopped and had breakfast at Chickfila then got on the road. We got to Global Wildlife right at 10. We were pretty sure we wouldn't make the 10 tour but when we were walking in we heard that the 11 tour was sold out as well. We panicked briefly and I think I even said a quick prayer. We couldn't imagine waiting around for 2 hours but we were going to do it b/c we had driven all that way and the kids were promised we were going to feed animals. Well Austin went up to the counter and just asked for the first available tour and they just happened to have 4 tickets for the 11 tour that a family had just turned back in. AMAZING! We were so excited! I mean we had an hour to wait but that was better then 2! We took the kids to the potty and then walked around and looked at some of the other animals. We finally found a bench in the shade and rested there while we waited. The kids were able to run around in the grass and go see animals and eat a snack. The time went by fast! We finally lined up at 11 and got on at 11:15. They really enjoyed the tour! I think Lindsay even more so then Colby. He tends to get bored quicker then her. She even was more into feeding the animals then he was. They both enjoyed it though. I really enjoyed it too! I think our favorites were the big deer and zebras. I hated we didn't get close enough to feed the giraffes but we did get to see the new baby giraffe named Elsa. The tour lasts about an hour and a half so we didn't get off and back into the gift shop until about 1. 
We had planned to eat at Chimes on the way home. We probably didn't get in there until 2. The kids did well though. It was a nice lunch. We then drove home. I think we got home around 3:30 or 4 so it was a pretty long day. We had a low key evening.
Sunday was church. Austin was off and he helped me in my class once again. I had 14 or 15 kids I think. Its been super busy in there for a few months straight! Its an awesome problem to have though. I just love my kiddos. We had a great morning and I was feeling really great about things. The only downside to my morning was one of the moms that I just can't seem to have a connection with came in and confronted me about why her son didn't like coming to church and how we needed to figure out a solution to this blah blah. It was so weird and I honestly felt attacked. This particular morning he chose not to participate in the activities so he laid on the floor all morning. I chose not to make it a battle so I just ignored him and let him have his space. It was odd though b/c he really had been doing great lately. The thing about it is that this mom drops him off late every week. It was like 9:40 when she dropped him off. I mean I'm sorry but when he comes in late like that he misses the warm up time and play time. He asks me a lot when its time to play and I usually have to tell him not now b/c he misses that time. AGHH some people! It just really threw me off. Well anyway after church we ran an errand then went to eat Mexican. We came home to rest. Austin went to go play golf with a friend and I took the kids over to my parents house to swim. I felt bad since they missed Saturday. I want to try to get them swimming several times a week. Now that they are older its easier. We stayed in the pool about an hour and a half. My parents neighbors have a 12 and 8 year old girls so they joined us as well and the kids really liked that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment