Saturday, December 17, 2016

5 Years Old

So Lindsay turned 5 years old a little over a week ago. I have been waiting until her doc visit to write an update on my little girl! Wow 5 ...a whole hand! That's just crazy to me! Where did time go? So at 5 my little girl is now in prek-4. She is still loving school. She is smart as a whip! She is a teachers dream I believe. Her teacher constantly says she wishes she had a classroom of Lindsay's. She says she does her work and finishes right away and its done correctly. She's quiet and very obedient at school. She has lots of friends and I think is well liked by all her peers. I think she is going to be our child that has LOTS of friends while Colby is content to have 2-3 BEST friends. She is going to be the city girl and socialite. Speaking of the city...she loves the city and downtown and all things NOLA! I can't tell you how happy that makes my heart. Colby is an old soul and a country boy at heart so I love my little NOLA babe! 
So far school seems to come easy for her. Her teacher says she is very math oriented. She also does well with her letters and such as well. She is starting to read blends which is really cool to see. 
She is still petite. She is 39 lbs and 43 in. She's def tall and skinny. She is becoming less picky which is nice to finally see. Her fav foods are still fish and chicken and mac n cheese though. She also loves apples. 
She has been doing dance classes once a month this fall. She loves her dance class during the summer. I haven't started her in any full time extracurriculars b/c she is still so young. Maybe by 1st grade that will be considered. We love our girl! She's the perfect blend of sugar and spice! 
I was thankful for my day with her! I miss her so now that she's in full time school! We had a great time together. After the doc we went to Barnes and Noble. She had a gift card to use. We had a good time browsing. Ofcourse she picked out 2 toys instead of a book but I told her as long as she stayed in her 15 dollar limit she could get whatever she wanted. We ran a couple more errands before coming home. We mostly relaxed and she watched tv and played the rest of the day. It was nice having her around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment