Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Parties

Today was finally our last day of school! It felt as if the whole world was already out and we were the last ones. I know that wasn't true but still. Anyway we finally made it. I had planned to stay up there basically all day and help with their parties. After getting both kids to their classes I parked and made my way to Lindsay's class first. They were pretty much having a normal "school" day at that point. She had them working on a couple of nativity activities/crafts. During that time I helped organize some of the party stuff and put treats in the kids' book bags. After they finished up all that they went on to Chapel. I love watching their little chapel services. Mr. Ryan does such a great job with them. After that they did a potty break and went on back to class. During that time her teacher's daughter dressed up as Mary and came to speak to the class about Baby Jesus. She did so good and the kids were captivated! It was adorable! After they did that the class split up into 2 groups. One group played games and the other made a craft. I helped with one of the games. During this time was when a lot of parents showed up to help. They then played a Bingo game. During that time I decided to go visit with Colby's class since it seemed as if Lindsay's class had enough adult help. I was surprised to see Colby's class just sitting in a circle working on an ornament. Its obvious that parties make his teacher nervous lol. I tried to help her pass stuff out during that time. they then cleaned up the room then the pizza was delivered. Since they were just about to eat I went on back down to Lindsay's class. 
At this point her class was getting ready to eat as well. I helped set all the food out for the kiddos. They ate and ate and ate some more. After they finished their lunch the other parents began leaving. I was wishing I could leave but I knew neither of them would want to go..especially Colby. I went outside with Lindsay's class to the playground. I enjoyed watching them play and visiting some with the teachers. They stayed out about an hour. At the same time Colby's class was also outside. I was thankful it was a nice day and they could all run off all the sugar and get out the crazy! When they went inside Lindsay's class was going to watch a movie so I went upstairs to hang out with Colby's class. They ended up watching a movie too. i was quite bored during that time but I enjoyed just soaking up that time with Colby. After they watched the movie they had ice cream sundaes. During that time I got to visit a bit with his teacher. After that Colby agreed to pack up and get ready to go! I was so glad haha! I enjoyed the day but I was beyond excited and knew I had a lot to do at home. We went to Lindsay's class and got her. That night Austin was spending the evening in Hattiesburg. The kids and I had a low key night with leftovers and playing outside. I let them stay up later and watch The Santa Clause as well. We had a nice kick off to their break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment