Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Weekending In December

So far this weekend has been absolutely lovely. Its still a busy one but its been remarkably slower then the previous two. Friday my day began with attending Aurora's preschool Christmas parties. It wasn't a requirement that I go but I loved being there and seeing all the precious kids before a long break. I had a great time just visiting in the various classes and helping out when I could. I was able though to leave and be home by 11 which was lovely. Its been one of those weeks where I haven't been at home much. I few quiet hours was glorious! 
That afternoon I got the kids and we came home with no agenda. It was the first laid back Friday night we had all month! No place to go! I made spaghetti for us and we watched the Polar Express! I even made a hot chocolate bar for the kids. It was a sweet time of making memories with them! 
Saturday we had the chance to sleep in just a tad. And by sleep in I really mean we slept until 7. We got up and got ready so we could meet up with my family for our Annual Celebrate everyone breakfast at Parrot Pete's. It was fun having our get together. It was nice to visit and just relax for a bit and forget about all the crazy that is to come this upcoming week. We ran a couple errands afterwards then came home to relax and hang out. It was nice having several hours around the house as a family. That evening we went to the New Orleans Bowl. USM was playing in it. We have been to several but this year we brought Colby with us. It was nice having him. He loved it too! It was quite a long night though. The game didn't start until 8. We left at 6 though to pick up our friends Scott and Taylor who went with us. We didn't get back home until 1 am! Lindsay stayed home with my mom.
Sunday was sure hard to wake up especially since it was cold and rainy. We made it though to first service. We both had things to do. Austin had to "count" and I had to teach. I had about 10 kids this week and I felt very much off my "game". I am not sure why...the kids weren't bad or anything. I had a few newbies and late arrivals and I dunno things just didn't feel like they "flowed". Its ok though. I just pray they heard the message about Baby Jesus...that's really all that matters. I was glad this week that Lindsay had a few more friends who were her age show up. After church the kids and I came home to eat lunch and relax. I hated Austin had to stay so much longer at church but it was good to come home and chill out. He got home sometime after 1 and ate his lunch and re-couped a few min before we decided to go ahead and deliver the Christmas gifts to our adopted family. It was pouring and cold...b/c of course! It was still a Christmas memory I will cherish though. We want to teach our children that giving is so much better then receiving. We've been blessed to be able to do this as a family the last 3 years. This was the first year we all went together as a family. Even though we got soaked and were freezing it was such a sweet experience. Once we got in we lit a fire in the fireplace and chilled out. We had a lovely Louisiana night though. We had boudin, jambalaya, and king cake! It was perfect! It was a great way to round out the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment