Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Holly Jolly Christmas

So this week the Christmas fun continues! Tuesday my mom hosted a Christmas brunch for the Senior Adult ladies at our church. She hosted it to honor Mrs. Doris and Mrs. Eva who both due to old age and health problems have had to relocate to the north shore. Its tradition for Lindsay and I to attend this. She has been coming with me since she was 1. The other years it wasn't a big deal keeping her home from school. This year I figured she was still in prek so why not? Its fun having that tradition with her. So we dropped off Colby from school then went to my parent's house. Lindsay got busy playing with my dad while I helped my mom get ready. After about 30 min Mrs. Stefanie also arrived to help set up. Once she got there it got really busy as others started arriving. I had a nice time visiting. I mostly stayed in the front room though where it was quiet. That is where Lindsay stayed and our pastor's daughter Emma. I enjoyed visiting with the pastors and Melissa and a few others. It was a nice time! From what I could tell it seemed as if everyone had a great time. We were over there for quite awhile and did not get home until about 1! I couldn't believe that was my whole day pretty much. I was so tired that afternoon but also had so much to do! I was glad we didn't have anywhere to be that night. 
So ofcourse Friday night I mentioned my Christmas party! It was a blast! I really am enjoying all these little holiday gatherings! 
Tuesday of this I had a Christmas party. This was for our ladies Bible study. It was at a friends house in English Turn. It was a lovely time. At first I was sort of dreading going. I was wishing to stay home. I ended up having a great time though. I have a few good friends in the group who have children about the same age and it was just fun to sit back and visit with them. We also played some "Christmas games" and that was fun too! 
Wednesday night at church the kids had a Christmas party. I knew the kids were excited and looking forward to this. The preschoolers went upstairs this night since there aren't many of them. I think we had 6 total. It was fun to be with both the kids. Lindsay had a blast and was completely in her element which surprised me a little. I always figured she would be hesitant when we promotes up there but she was not at all. Honestly she is ready now but I hate to "break the rules" by sending her up there. I was glad both kids had fun. they had pizza and watched a movie first. Then Mr. Stephen had a short little devotional for them before they split up into boys/girls for crafts and games. It was a fun night and I love that my children beg to stay longer at church! 


No comments:

Post a Comment