Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Break Part 1

So as a I mentioned previously...Christmas break started for us Wednesday evening. I think the kids and I were too tired to really think of doing much that night. I did let them stay up and watch The Santa Clause though. That was our kick off to all things Break! 
So Thursday we got up and needed to take my van into the shop. Ofcourse the light came on the week of Christmas. It worked out ok though...my dad picked us up so we wouldn't have to wait and brought us to there house. We took this time to make Santa cookies with my mom. I enjoy this tradition. We stayed for lunch as well. Randall also came over. It was fun having a little pre-Christmas time with them and the kids. After lunch we got the call that the van was ready so my dad took us to pick it up. Once we got home we rested and hung out until Austin got home. 
That evening when he got home we decided to go out for dinner and to see Christmas lights. We ended up eating at Outback. It was nice to have a night off the kitchen and just eat out the 4 of us. It was also really yummy. After dinner we spent about an hour looking at local neighborhoods and their decorations. We came in and got the kids to bed then enjoyed some tv ourselves. 
Friday it was nice to sleep in and have a day together as a family. We had a lot to do though. We got up that morning and enjoyed a leisure breakfast before heading out. We ended up taking the kids to the park first thing. I noticed with them being cooped up all day Thursday they definitely needed some outdoor time. And since the weather allowed we decided a park trip was necessary. The kids had a great time and def burned off some much needed Christmas energy. We even ran into a friend which made it fun for Lindsay. Afterwards we split up to divide and conquer. Usually Austin likes to take both kids out on his own at separate times to shop and eat but this year with them getting out late our time just didn't allow for it. Therefore, he took Colby and I took Lindsay. She and I went to Academy to do some shopping and then to Walgreens. She was a great shopping buddy and it was much easier only having 1 to fight the crowded stores with. After we finished we met up with the boys at Chickfila for lunch. It was nice having that moment to stop as a family and be together. Next I took the kids home and Austin hit the grocery store. I wasn't envious at all ;). The kids and I got some stuff done around the house and he grocery shopped. That afternoon we all worked hard and played and rested. It was a nice time to just stay in. That night we ate in and played outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment