Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Christmas Celebrations

Christmas season is in full swing around here. We decorated over thanksgiving and once we did it felt like the season was truly here. Last week as the kids went back to school after the Thanksgiving holiday life got back to being busy and in full swing! I taught music 3 days! Wednesday I just had to review a couple songs with them so I wasn't there long, Thursday was my normal music day, and then Friday was rehearsal and our Christmas lunch out for the teachers. 
Wednesday night at church we also started our "Christmas celebrations" I did the story of Mary and the Angel with them. The kids seemed to enjoy that. We colored a angel color sheet and glued the wings on. We had a sweet group of just 3 littles so it was a pretty easy going night. 
I enjoyed being at Aurora the extra time even though it meant being super busy! I enjoyed being there with all the Christmas decorations going up and such. 
So as a I said Friday we had a Christmas lunch. After school got out we went over to Ralph's on the Park. It was a delicious lunch and fun visiting with the teachers. It was quite lengthy though. It turned out I wasn't finished in time and poor Austin had to go get the cake. I felt so bad. I had no idea I would be there from 12:30 until after 3. It was a fun time though! It also really made it feel like Christmas time. That afternoon/evening we had Nijel over for a couple hours. The boys mostly played Legos and outside. They were really good. After he left Austin went to pick up Popeyes for us and we ate then let the kids watch "The Santa Clause" while we continued getting ready for Lindsay's party. 
Sunday was more Christmas fun! i had to lead my preschool kids in singing at Aurora. I left with Lindsay around 8:45. Austin's family was still here but I had to go. I got there early though and was able to just chill and visit with Melissa and her mom. Soon the kids started arriving. We had to hang out and wait with them a little while before our turn to go sing. We were about mid-service. They did wonderful on their songs! They are such a great group of kids. I truly love working with them each week. After they sang we all went back to Children's Church. There Colby and Lindsay joined me. They love Mrs. Shelly's Children's Church. They made an ornament craft then had a Happy Birthday Jesus party. It was adorable. After church we went to eat at Chili's then go shopping for Lindsay's bike. She picked a pink Shopkins bike of all things. She loves it though! We had a restful afternoon. It was nice after all the busy to come in and rest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment