Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Last Minute Christmas and sick Days

So this is the final week of school before Christmas break. I feel like most of the world is out but I was sort of thankful for 3 more days of my children to be occupied. Monday of course was really cold and rainy though which made waking up early and getting out very hard. I was wishing for vacation! We made it though and I went off to run a bunch of errands. First up was the grocery store. I got that finished and relieved to not have to go back hopefully until after Christmas. I came up and unloaded everything and set back out to go to Target. This trip was more fun since I was Christmas shopping for the kids. I finished that up in a little under an hour then set out for SAM's. I was in and out really quick b/c I went in just for a couple items. As I was on my way home excited to eat lunch and rest for a bit before heading out again to go decorate cookies with my mom: I got the dreaded phone call. The school called and said Lindsay had thrown up! UGH this is the worst! I have received this call probably 4-5 times since having kids. Your heart just sinks. You feel awful for your kid, you worry about what the rest of the week holds, and it completely changes your day. Well after I thought for a second on my way there I called back and just said to have Colby ready as well. I knew this week was basically a "fun" week for them since grades have been turned in. I knew he wasn't going to miss much. Plus with the cold weather and how busy our weekend was it would be nice to all be home and relax. We were home by about noon. I had lunch then we all rested. Colby played on his phone, Lindsay fell right to sleep and I took a short nap. I couldn't believe she slept about 4 hours that afternoon! She basically laid on the floor the rest of the day. She finally felt like eating some goldfish about 4 or 5 but then ended up losing most of them. She then wanted to eat "dinner". She only ended up eating about half a string cheese. It wasn't long though she was asking for a graham cracker. By bedtime she was seeming back to herself and boy was I thankful. I was still worried that someone else would come down with it or that she would get sick in the middle of the night. 
She woke up absolutely fine. I was thankful for that! I knew though with there 24 hour rule she still couldn't go to school. I did look forward to a day spent with her even though it meant I could no longer finish up christmas shopping and a morning at the mall alone. She and I dropped off Colby then went by my parent's house to wish my mom a happy birthday in person. I try to see them when possible on their b-day. It doesn't always happen but I think she appreciated seeing us! After that she wanted to go to chickfila. I enjoyed that time with her since we used to go there for breakfast almost weekly the last few years. We then ran a couple more errands and ended the morning up with a library trip. I really enjoyed her company. I enjoy my alone time but I do enjoy these girl days once in awhile. The rest of the day we spent around the house. I enjoyed finally having a bit of time around the house. She did some "school" on the computer. It was a fun time and now I look forward to having them both home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment